Part Two - Chapter Twelve: Finally Alone Together

Nicola smiled at Steven when he arrived to pick up Nora and Charlotte for the night since he had offered to take the girls for the night allowing the couple to have time together for the first time in months.

"Thanks again for doing this Stevie," Fernando murmured appearing with a bag, he was glad to have a break and he knew that he hadn't had much time for Nicola recently.

The couple had been married for two years now and with everything that had been going on they had been kept so busy; they were happy to have the night to themselves.

Fernando wrapped an arm around Nicola's waist making Steven remembered when Alex and he had been in their position and how grateful they had been when someone had taken the girls for a night.

"It's not a problem... so what are your plans for tonight?" Steven asked making the couple look at one another a little confused about why they would have anything special planned making Steven laughed softly and shook his head.

Fernando grinned at his friend before Nora appeared with her bag ready to leave, it was going to be the first night in a while and he didn't really plan on leaving the house.

"I'm ready," Nora called as Steven balanced Charlotte on him and smiled down at the little girl; he was sure that things would be fine and the girls were good around Steven's three.

Fernando chuckled untangling himself from Nicola and took the bag from Nora so that there wasn't more things that his friend had to juggle.

Steven started back towards his car as he carried Charlotte and the overnight bag while Fernando helped Nora into the car; it was going to be the first night that both Nora and Charlotte were away from home.

"Bye Mama," Nora called while her father put her into her car seat making Nicola smiled as she watched from the door, she was going to miss them.

As much as Nicola loved her daughters, the blonde knew how much her and Fernando needed tonight for themselves; Steven offered the couple, one final smile as his friend returned to his wife and wrapped his arms around her.

"Have fun you two... don't do anything I wouldn't do," Steven teased before he got into his car so that he could leave them to their date night; Nicola blushed softly while Fernando chuckled at his friend's words.

Stepping back into their home, Fernando and Nicola listened to the silence that now surrounded them; swallowing softly as they realised that this was the first time in a month that they were alone.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" Fernando asked looking at his wife with a smile, he didn't mind what they did as long as he was with her; he had missed having her to himself in the past few months.

Nicola swallowed chewing her lip, she had an idea what was going to happen tonight but she did have one thing that she did want right now and she hoped that Fernando didn't mind.

"Honest I just want a nice hot bath right now," Nicola admitted shyly, she looked at Fernando as he smiled at her and laughed slightly, the two of them had had a long day and now they wanted nothing more than to relax.

"Okay how about this... you can go and enjoy your nice hot bath then I take you out to a nice restaurant for dinner?" Fernando asked wrapping his arms around Nicola who smiled at him and nodded her head a little, she was a little impressed with his plans for the tonight.

Nicola pushed herself onto the toes of her feet and kissed Fernando on the lips, who was quick to respond before he pulled back and smiled at her tonight was going to be perfect.

***

"We have reservations at Spire at seven," Fernando announced entering the couple's bathroom, Nicola looked at him leaning against the sink watching her with a smile on his face; not that he could see anything because of the amount of bubbles that she had poured into the bath.