Present Time

I didn't understand what Chanyeol meant with what he said but I didn't complain. After we ate our breakfast, I cleaned it and waited as he looked out the window. He seemed to be waiting for something.

I turned to him in curiosity, "what's up?"

He moved away from the door with a naughty grin on his face. I raised an eyebrow and watched as he excitedly walk to me. "There's this place I want to show you."

I wasn't sure if Chanyeol was allowed to go out but how can I say no when he looked so excited already? I watched him as he fixed his hair. The hospital gown looked big because of his now slender body.

Before, he would complain to me that he has a lot of fats in his body, but now, he grew so thin that he looked bony, if that was the right term to describe him. I smiled, hoping to hide my worry, and stood infront of him.

"So where are we going?"

He stopped combing his hair and looked at me. "It's a surprise!"

After a couple of minutes, he stood up and grabbed my hand. His hand was warm and felt the same like before. I brought the dextrose that was linked to him. He slowly opened the door and checked the surroundings before tightening his hand on mine.

He looked at me and we ran. I haven't done this in a while and it felt great. Chanyeol was laughing as we went outside. "You're not allowed to go out, huh?" I asked as we continued to run to an unknown destination.

He just nodded his head as we sped up. I looked around us and noticed that we were at the back of the hospital. Only a few patients were here and most of them were just minding their own business.

Chanyeol stopped running in front of a small entrance. There was a broken old door in front of us with twigs. The whole spot was covered with bushes and other plants.

I can hear him catch his breath as I looked around. "What is this place?" He turned to me, "A secret spot I found years ago." He didn't wait for me to respond and just opened the door.

It was a small room, which really surprised me. But what caught my attention was the different flowers inside. It looked like a small garden hidden from everyone. As we walked, he took me in the middle of the room where there are full of sunflowers.

I smiled because these were my favorite. I looked at him and he was smiling proudly at me. "When I discovered this place, I only saw dead plants. I figured, I wanted to make it my own, like a safe spot."

He let go of my hand to get a watering can. I turned to the wonderful sunflowers in front of me. He started watering the plants around the area. "I liked it here. I would go here every night but recently, I cannot."

I turned to him, "why?"

He continued and just smiled, "My body is too weak. The doctor said I can't leave my room." My eyes widened, "We should head back—"

He turned to me, stopping me midway my sentence. "I wanted to show you this place. I wanted to be here when you see these flowers." I felt a slight pain in my heart after hearing what he just said.

I immediately walked to him. I looked at his sad tired eyes. I lightly smiled and cupped his face. "This place is wonderful, Chanyeol. I love it." He smiled widely, "I love you."

I paused, it's been a while since I last heard those words. I nodded but somehow, I cannot find the courage to say it back. I moved closer and hugged him. He was warm and after a while, he hugged me back.

I moved back and looked at the place again. "So, will this be our safe place too?" He chuckled and nodded but for some reason, he looked sadder than before. I continued walking around when he called me.

"Baekhyun"

I stopped to turn to him. He motioned me to come closer. "I want to give you something." I didn't understand what he was trying to do. He noticed I wasn't moving so he walked up to me instead.

He was getting something from his pocket. I don't know why my heart started to beat so fast. He looked at me with sincerity.

"Remember the only question I asked you during our relationship?"

My mind started to wander but I couldn't think of anything. "If I ate already?" I asked in a worried tone, making him laugh.

He grabbed my hand and opened the small box using his free hand. I cupped my mouth.