Present Time

I wasn't able to sleep last night but I don't feel tired at all. In fact, I'm energetic. I did my daily routine but this time, I took more time in the shower.

I need to prepare my mental and emotional health for this. Did he read my book? If he did, was he angry that I used our story without his permission? But why should I ask for his permission, he's the one who left me. I merely told our story. I didn't lie or made something up to get the favor of the viewers.

But other than that, I need to remember a few things: I'm doing this for my career and the improvement of Kyung's company. I am a professional writer who will not do anything stupid even if I'm about to meet the man who broke my heart.

---

It appeared that Chanyeol's company has been in the industry for years now but this was the first book he would like to transform into a movie. I don't know what made him to do it. It could be the intense demand of the readers or his own guilt.

When I stepped inside, a lot of people were walking in the building. Everyone was so busy in their own world. I took a deep breath, checked my blazer if it looked great, and head to the receptionist.

"Hi. I'm Byun Baekhyun. I have a meeting with Mr. uh., your CEO?"

Before the woman in the reception could speak, I heard a familiar voice. It instantly threw me back to my college years. My heart started to beat fast but I didn't want to assume that I was right.

"Baekhyun?"

I slowly turn around to see Chanyeol. 3 years older than I last saw him. His hair was different, a lot shorter than I remembered. But he still had the same charismatic aura. His hair was brushed up and he was wearing a nice-looking tux. He looked like those big shot CEOs.

He smiled and walked up to me. His perfume was different. I don't like it. It made him look like a playboy but who am I to comment on his preferences. He was my ex after all. I am no longer part of his life. I am just his past.

"Hi Chanyeol" I awkwardly smiled. This was not the type of first meeting that I had in mind. 

"Let's go to my office. We have a lot of catching up to do." He smiled and had this aura as if he was waiting for me to come near him. I did, of course, because this was the reason I came.

The walk to his office was awkward. I couldn't say anything and just nod to his stories about the company.

"Remember I wanted to have my own film company? I didn't give up! I worked my ass off to earn. I started as a Personal Assistant but I discovered that it will take years before I become a director so I found an investor and produced one movie. Have you heard about Artificial Love?" He sounded so excited as he told me what happened to him. It was like nothing has changed. It didn't feel as if we broke up 3 years ago. 

"Ah no sorry" I heard about it but I couldn't remember seeing his name as one of the producers. 

"The movie was a hit! After that, I earned enough money to have my own company. The rest was history." He stopped by the door to look at me with those charismatic eyes. "How about you, Baek?"

Baek. It's been a long time since I heard that. It was a name I used to love. The name I enjoy hearing. But now, it didn't feel the same anymore.