Present Time

"What?" I asked. I wanted him to take back what he said. Don't come back in my life, Chanyeol.

He panted and caught his breath. "I... I want you back."

"But why?" I frowned. He didn't mean it. He didn't want me back.

He looked at me directly in my eyes. "I still love you. I always have been. You know that. I told you that 3 years ago."

I couldn't understand what he was trying to tell me. "But you started dating other people..."

He stood up straight. His gaze was still the same. "I was trying to move on from you"

I couldn't take it anymore with his life. I was so sick of it. "You WERE THE ONE WHO BROKE UP WITH ME" I didn't care if the neighbors heard it. I needed to let it out.

He looked down. Why is he doing this to me? Why is he making everything so complicated? I was angry but I wanted to go back to him, I really do. I hate him but God knows how much I love him too. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't put myself in another vulnerable situation when I know he could easily give up on me.

"I will win you back. I know it's not gonna be easy, but I will do everything I can" He used that reassuring tone he would use whenever I was scared. His face was full of determination.

He didn't wait for me to reply and left again. All my energy to do my book was now gone. And I am back to where I was 3 years ago: lost.

---

It has been 30 minutes and Kyungsoo was still not saying anything. I knew I couldn't hide what happened and just decided to tell him everything.

"You have to tell me something, Kyung." He looked at me as if my case was hopeless.

He sighed. "He will win you back. You're obviously still inlove with him." His tone was different from before. It felt like he gave up on me.

"But...."

He cut me off almost immediately, "You're gonna be happy when things go well. This might probably the first time I'll see you happy."

"Aren't you gonna stop me?" I wanted him to stop me from doing anything stupid. That was Kyungsoo. He protected me from everything but I just don't understand why he was doing this. Why now?

"Baekyun, no matter what I say or not, you'll follow your heart. If you want to ask me what you should do, it's to move on. You've been in this hell for 3 years. You know how painful it is. You know how hard it is to stand up again. But, this is Chanyeol. He's your true love. So all the things you worked hard for to achieve who you are today won't matter because he's back. Isn't this what you want?"

Yes. It was all I ever dreamed of after he broke up with me. A second chance. A chance to prove to him that I deserve his love. But somehow, something felt off about it.

We were silent for a couple of minutes until we heared a knock. Kyungsoo answered the door and he made this unsatisfied laugh.

"I think I know this. Baek, your sunflowers are back"