Present Time

After the make-up session, Kyungsoo headed towards me. "His doctor called me. He's in a good condition. His parents will pick him up and take him to the church now. Are you ready?" I nodded. My heart started to race as I stood up. I thanked the artist and she was proud of her work.

Instead of Kyungsoo's car, we took a white limousine. I started at Kyungsoo while he looked at me with a weird expression in his face. "What? You need to ride these things." He opened the door while I shaked my head as I hopped in.

The distance between the salon and church was near. I guess we were lucky to live in an era when we can easily get married despite our gender. "So, what's the plan after the wedding?" He suddenly asked as he was scrolling in his phone.

"Well, he should stay in the hospital since he's on medication" I answered as I looked by the window. Kyungsoo turned to me. "Then?" I turned to him and smiled, "We're gonna spend most of our time there. Chanyeol can't go out anyways. But if he gets better"

"If he gets better" Kyungsoo reiterated with a firm tone. I smiled, "If he does get better, we'll move to my place. I still believe that the doctor can save him." He didn't say anything and just went back to his phone.

A couple of minutes later, we arrived at the location. The church was covered with roses, Chanyeol's favorite. I smiled. Kyungsoo hopped off to check if everything was ready. I couldn't help but notice my nervous hands. Everything was rushed but I am happy.

I tried looking at the inside of the church but it was hard. I know there were many people since we just invited our close friends and family. I tapped my feet to keep me busy but it was just hard.

When the door opened, I immediately turned around to see Kyungsoo with a pleased expression. Everything might be in place. "Ready?" Before I can say anything, my mom was behind Kyungsoo.

She looked dashing in her pink gown. Since my dad wasn't around, she would walk me to the aisle alone. "Chanyeol is waiting for you" She commented. I smiled, "He better." I hopped off the car and heard the nice melody coming from the church.

I offered my arm and my locked her arms with mine. Kyungsoo looked at me once more time before giving the go signal. I took a deep breath as the door slowly opened.

Inside the church were around 20 people, all looking at me. I couldn't see very well but rose petals started falling as my mom and I walked. An instrumental of Can't Help Falling In-love by Elvis Presley played. There was only violin and it made everything solemn. (For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbVR391HzT8)

I can feel my mom tremble as we walk. I held onto her tight and as we became close, I saw Chanyeol standing with tears in his eyes. He looked amazing in his suit. It was actually my first time seeing him look so dashing.

What I didn't notice was that everyone was also crying. I didn't know if it was because we were getting married or it was because of our scenario but I was just so happy. We stopped in front of Chanyeol and his parents. He kissed my mom's cheek and she hugged him. His parents hugged me as well.

When our parents were gone, he looked at me with tears all over his face. I chuckled and wiped the tears. "You ruined your make-up" He didn't reply and kissed my hand instead. He led the way and the priest was looking at us.

"Let's start the ceremony?" He asked, we both nodded.

I couldn't comprehend everything that was happening. I just looked at the priest and nodded. When he asked us to stand, I tried to guide Chanyeol but stopped me. "I'm fine, Baek. I'm in my perfect condition."

I nodded and let him be. It was time for our vows. The priest made me go first. I took a deep breath and got the paper from my pocket. Chanyeol handed the microphone to me. "um, hi. I have a lot of things to say to this wonderful man but if I do that, this ceremony will take hours and I know all of you might be hungry." There were laughter from the guests.

I looked back to my paper and gulped. "Chanyeol, my love, you were just amazing. You always told me that true love should be easy and calm and those were true. Being with you was so easy. We had this unique connection and from the moment I met you on August 21, I knew, you were the one. I can't promise you much but I can assure you that I will love you for the rest of my life. I will spend my time and energy taking care of you. I don't mind. I don't care if we're in a complicated situation now because I am confident that we'll get through this."

I held his hand as tears continued to fall from his eyes. "We survived a lot of challenges. We'll get through this as well. I love you."

He mouthed the words, 'I love you' and looked down. I wiped his tears again and handed his microphone. He took a few moments to calm down before speaking. "Everyone who read Baekhyun's book knew how badly I treated him and look at us now." He paused as he looked at me with those sad eyes.

"I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you, Baek. I'm sorry for leaving you for 3 whole years without the answers you needed. I'm sorry for being selfish and for lying to you. To be honest, you don't deserve me. You deserve someone better who will be there for you until you grow old. Instead, you're with me. You don't know how thankful I am to you for giving me this chance. For giving us a chance. I love you."

I smiled as tears started streaming from my cheeks. The priest gave us some moment to compose ourselves and asked the important questions.

"Do you, Byun Baekhyun, take Park Chanyeol as your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?

"I do" I answered with a smile on my face.

"Do you, Park Chanyeol take Byun Baekhyun as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

He nodded and said, "I do."

The priest smiled and replied, "By the authority vested in me I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss your husband"

I chuckled as Chanyeol looked at me. He slowly cupped my face and leaned closer. I closed my eyes and let him kiss me. It was a light smack. Everyone clapped after. Chanyeol moved away and held my hand tight. I didn't know what it meant but I feel great.

Everyone started throwing us rose petals. I moved close to Chanyeol. "You'll love the reception" He looked at me with curiosity.