Chapter Twenty Eight

Song - Rolling in the deep by Adele

Tony's POV

Mafia, men, women, guns, sex and violence was the main centre of attention in the Gambo Crime family. It was no secret there because people were involved, they liked it all, they craved it. The unfortunate thing about this is that they expose this to children, young children that barely even understand the world.

Most of the children leave the crime family with cruel intentions because they were brought up around the violence, the domination and the differences. Others don't leave at all.

During my time at the crime family, I was tortured twenty-four-seven. I had no freedom and no family. Every man that entered the family became a dirty dog for the Don, working with and for him doing his dirty work for him. I'd witnessed people getting murdered in cold blood, tortured for no reason and women receiving abuse every single day. Those events left me traumatised when Constantino took me in because I lost trust in the world. I really thought he took me to use me but he had other plans, plans that made me the man I am today and I'm so grateful.

When I learned that the crime family were going to be associated with today's conference, I was intimidated by the thought however, I believed that I could get through this. I needed to get over what happened twenty years ago because that was the past, I need to learn to live for the future.

"Tony, tutto è stato preparato. Ora, ti stiamo solo aspettando."

"La ragazza è pronta?"

"Non sono sicuro, controllerò-"

"Giuseppe .. io vado."

Guiseppe glanced at me for a second before he nodded his head and then left the room. Right now, I was stood in front of my mirror trying to get my tie around my neck neatly. Once I was done, I make my way to Amalia's room.

Taking her along with me was not a problem but I knew it would become a problem, only if she listened. Amalia was a tough one to handle, she was stubborn and determined to get things done, which in some cases are taunting to deal with. It was a risk even encouraging her to join me but I was taking chances. This conference had nothing to do with Thiago and his bitches anyway so she should be safe.

A small knock on the door drew her attention but before I knocked, I scrutinised her for a second, taking in what I saw as perfection.

Sophisticated as always, Amalia was dressed in a black and long sparkly yet subtle evening dress that had me gawking at her. She looked classy, elegant, sexy and beautiful as her curls bounced off her shoulders. I clench my jaws and sigh quietly as she leaned over her dresser to get closer to her mirror, the dress was wrapped around her perfect curves, outlining her hour-glass body. Unbelievably fucking gorgeous.

Controllo.

It was no secret that Amalia trained and work out like a freak but when it came to that, she was not a quitter. She was always determined to get things right, stay active and finish what she starts. I lick my lips at the thought of it, it was such a fucking turn on I hated it.

Amalia is the first woman to ever make me feel weak. She made every small thing turn into something either hilarious or fucking sexy, and I hated that because it was a distraction to all of this. I didn't feel superior around her, I felt like a high school boy addicted to sex and had fucking mommy issues.

Once I snapped out of my thoughts, I clear my throat and then knock on her door. She turned around and glanced at me before a small smirk reached her kissable and coloured lips.