Chapter Twenty

Amalia's POV

"Why is my father after you?"

I swerve in the streets of Rome and curse under my breath when I took a sharp turn. This was the exact reason why Thiago hated it when I drove, it's because I drove like a reckless maniac but I couldn't give two fucks.

"What do you mean? What happened?"

I glance straight ahead, before I glare at the phone that I had Thiago on and ongoing call. His ability to lie straight through his teeth, that too to me was becoming tiring. We've spoken about this way before that we would tell each other things and not lie because that's when husband and wife do.

Well that goes for you too penjedo.

"You said Rico would collect the package from me, Rico works for my father." I reveal, "The penjedo had the fùcking balls to touch me, he punched me in the face."

"What?" Thiago roared and I glare at my phone again but this time, I watched it in disgust.

"Relájate estúpida, I knocked his balls out. They're probably still in pain right now."

"Ama, you need to stay out of trouble like this. I can't worry about you when I'm not even in the country. You need to start thinking wisely with what you do and say."

"You literally ordered me to hand deliver the package to the cabrón, are you fucking dense?"

"You must've provoked him to punch your face." He growled through the phone and I just clenched the wheel and drove home as fast as I could. "Until I'm back, I don't want you going into the shop."

"Thiago, fuck no. I work because I'm bored. I'm not having you locking me up in the villa all the way from Russia. Go find another puta to control, I'm not available."

Silence followed my voice as all I could hear was his breathing, even through that I could tell he was in fury. In that moment, I knew he was angry but I didn't care, not when he wasn't even here.

"Where are you now?" I ask, breaking the uncomfortable silence, "How long until you're back?"

"I'm still in Russia trying to figure out something."

"Thiago," I sigh, "what are you really playing at?"

"Violetta died in the hands of the crime family, I'm not going to sit back and let the people responsible walk free." He grunts, "Also... I have work here that's not complete. It involves my mother."

I tensed in my seat as I watch the road ahead, that was impossible. Thiago's daughter supposedly died seven years ago, she was only eight years old at the time. When she passed on, I arrived in Thiago's previous house with all her belongings scattered everywhere. Thiago was really scarred when I first met him, he had just lost his daughter. But this was getting ridiculous now, every time something like this happen, he would become too hopeful and insane.

Now, every time he says he has work to get done regarding his daughter's death, I feel a huge part of me preparing for a dissatisfied Thiago returning home because at the end of all of it, he never finds out what really happened to his daughter.

It had me wondering how she even left the world... was Thiago lying?

"Thiago, think about what you're going to do." I reply, "Your mother? I thought you said she's no more?"

". I did." He said, "you're not going to understand Ama, not until we see each other."

"And when is that going to be?"