Chapter Ten

Tony's POV

I chew on the piece of bread that I shoved through my lips not long ago as I watch Thiago climb down the stairs. Flashbacks of last night appeared right in front me and in that instance, I felt a chill run up my spine.

"Ciao, where have you been all day?" Thiago asked,

"Here." I answer and look away to my phone, "In the villa."

"When did you return home last night?"

I stop chewing and cock my brows up before I look up at him. Thiago watched me with an expressive face, one that I couldn't really figure out. Suddenly, I felt as though he knew what happened last night and he was guilty but was just waiting for me to admit it.

"Last night huh? One of your frenemy decided to have an encounter with me, in the middle of a dirt road."

"What?" He stopped and dropped the cup and watched me with wide eyes, "what does that mean? What frenemy?"

"Lorenzo."

Thiago furrowed his brows as he continued to watch me, hoping for me to say more. I sat on the chair and waited for him to speak because I wanted to know what the fuck was going on. Lorenzo's words annoyingly repeating in my head and I was dying to ask Thiago about this but right now, I was going to take my time. I was coming to that.

"What did he want?"

"He wanted to know where you were because apparently, you were his ticket to home."

Thiago shook his head and then proceeded to sit on the dining table before he continued to drink whatever the fuck was in his cup.

"He was lying, you were the bait." He said, "He wanted to know where I was so he could kill me. non ha affari con me."

He crossed his leg over his other and chuckled while I watched him incredulously. I scoffed when a second passes by of silence.

"No business with you? Is that all you have to say?" I spat at him, "The fucker nearly killed me because of you, and you say you have no business with him?"

The fucking audacity.

"What?"

"Honestly, Thiago What is going on? What the fuck is going on? I have the right to fucking know what you're doing with Lorenzo." I rage,

"It's simply nothing. He wants me to help him get away from Dimitri as he is after him. Why don't you just leave it to me to worry about? I will find him and make him pay for what he has done."

"Really? You're really going to do that because that's not what Lorenzo was telling me!" I begin to yell. I was really trying my best to keep calm, I knew how much he was lying. Ever since I've arrived here, everything that came out of his mouth was lies. Thiago was speaking out of his ass and I was not going to believe a single thing.

Thiago snapped his brows at me and began to tense in his seat. Fear surfaced through his face and I recognised that look; he was scared of losing me. He began to shake his head and endeavoured to convince me further.

"Don't believe anything that piece of shit says. It's all lies, everything." He said before he reached me, "Tony, Fratello I would never do anything to cause any sort of harm to you, you're family. You're my brother. You're the only reason why I'm doing this. I've made a promise to Madre that no matter what happens, I would look after you, even after she's gone."

I glare up at Thiago and find him tearing up and in that instance, I felt a burn in my chest. As much as I wanted to thrash everything with my burning anger, I couldn't help but feel my throat close up. Suddenly, I felt weak. My mother was my weakness and only talking about her made me insane.