Chapter Forty Four

Amalia's POV

After a considerable amount of time on the jet with these hulks, we finally landed in Italy. The moment I stepped on Italy grounds, a deep content feeling settled somewhere in my heart, amongst all the anxiousness because this is where I felt like I was home, even though that home was with Thiago, who I very much hate.

I close my eyes and bask in the warm air, I've missed this so much. It reminded me of how grateful I was for having this for five years in my life. America was actually cold, dull and depressing whereas Italy is breathtakingly beautiful.

I open my eyes and watch the men walking towards the vehicle that was parked right there for us to use. I sighed nonchalantly as the sun had just risen, the sky was blue and the breeze was comforting.

Throughout the journey, the entire jet was filled with tension. We would discuss about what we were required to do but occasionally, I would drift away from that situation because I wanted time alone to myself. Tony and I would make spontaneous eye contact, abruptly but immediately, I would look away. I didn't want to talk to him just yet, I wanted to comprehend this in my own time. We haven't spoken at all since our last encounter which was back at the estate and for some reason, a part of me felt bothered because of this.

On another note, Fabio also joined us and it was the first time I had an actual and formal interaction with him. I've learned that he is Dante's half brother which makes him my step brother. Fabio was much more quiet and reserved whereas Dante, was like me. Nevertheless, he was a part of Lombardi ménage.

"Come on." Dante called out, I snapped out of my reverie and squinted my eyes at him as the blinding warm sun beamed in my face, "You're driving."

"Why me?" I protest as I witness Tony and Fabio both loading the car with our bags. I glance at Dante and slightly pout, why the fuck was I driving? "Are you incapable?"

"Incapable?" He scoffed, "I'm capable of everything, sorellina. I just need to test the waters with you. Dai, we have to get going."

"You're assuming that I'm incapable?"

"." He nods his head and begins to walk away, I clench my jaws and glare at him when he stopped in his tracks and glanced over his shoulders to look at me. "Unless you want to prove me wrong? la tua scelta."

I continue to glare at him as my patience was wearing thin, he may be my brother but I was not afraid to kick his balls. His lips curved into a mischievous and malicious smirk, the very same smirk he displayed every time he underestimated me and proved himself right. I feel my fists painfully roll into a ball as I glare right back at his face before I gulped.

I was never going to learn to get along with my big brother. Heck, I was still trying to comprehend that I have a fucking brother.

"I wonder what possessed Adriana to tie the knot with you." I remark as I storm past him and as I did, I heard him chuckle behind me when he followed.

Heated and flustered, I storm towards the car and crave the sudden urge to crash the car as I drive with everyone in it but that would just prove Dante right. As I march towards the car, I see Tony's rear poking out of one of the passenger side doors, as he endeavoured to place something in but just before I reached the car, he pulls away and fixes his shirt.

"Hand me the keys, I'm driving." I grunt at Tony and glimpse at his face. When I did, I saw surprise flash his eyes. He was watching me with curiosity before his brows furrowed, he didn't say anything as well. His full plumped lips twitched for a second as he tempted to speak but he decided not to. After a second, I look away because it was too awkward, especially considering where we were and the people around us. I blink at his chest before I reach out with my hand and wait for him to provide me with the keys.