Chapter Thirty Four

Tony's POV

"Here, take these."

I glance up at the face that I was hoping to see for months but right now, I just wished I have never hoped for that.

After a long stressful day, I decided to throw myself on the couch however, just as I relaxed, Dante shoved a pile of files in front of my face. I glared up at him before I sighed frustratedly before I snatched the files of him and tossed it next to me.

I arrived at the estate this morning because Dante urgently needed to meet me, after he learned of my arrival to America. He too arrived here a few days ago so I decided to visit everyone at the estate.

"What is it?"

"It's files on your brother and what he has been up to."

"Ah, fuck it." I mumble as I push the files away and close my eyes for a second. I've had enough of Thiago for a day, my ears needed to be free of his name for one fùcking day. "Throw it all away. I don't care what he is up to."

And it was true, I only got away from Italy because of the crime family. Thiago was not in my mind at all and I really would love to have it like that.

Dante glances at me for a second before he sighed and took the file that I disheveled next to me. He picks up one of the files and flicks through the pages.

"Fratello, you're not understanding the point here because you're not having a look at the bigger problem here." He says, "This file has a lot of answers to your questions."

I raise a brow at him after I glance at him because his words seemed compelling.

"Sto ascoltando."

"I've done a little digging and was able to pinpoint a location Thiago visited last night," my head snaps towards him and my shoulders begin to tense, when I glanced over at him he looks at me. "He isn't in Russia."

"What?" I ask incredulously,

"Who told you he was going to Russia?"

"Amalia..."

"Amalia, huh?" He chuckled, "well, she lied to you."

My brows snap into a furrow when I feel my heart slowly sink in my stomach but for a second, I have a doubt in my mind that Amalia wouldn't lie to me, not like this. I shake my head and refuse as I sit up and face him once again.

"N..no she hasn't lied to me." I protest, "Thiago also told me himself he was heading to Russia. He told the both of us that he is heading to Russia."

Dante glances at me for a second before he nodded his head as he opened the file once again but this time, he pulled out a paper. I scrutinise it and figure out that it was a shot taken from a cctv camera.

"This was caught in the early hours of today, which only means that Thiago is in America, not Russia. Along with him is this man that you will definitely recognise, Dimitri Kuznetsov."

I scrutinise the photo as I feel my jaws slowly clench, living with Thiago was nothing but full of lies. Thiago informed me that he was heading to Russia to get rid of Dimitri, instead he seemed like he was enjoying his company in this fùcking picture. Thiago and Dimitri were stood next to each as they were heading inside a building, only with a huge fucking smile on their faces.

"What in the fùcking hell is he doing with Dimitri?" I mumbled, "His brother is no more because of us, do you think they might be planning something against us? Is that why the motherfùcker left his home?"