Chapter Twenty Four

Amalia's POV

After I gather myself together, I finally leave the changing room. Composing myself together, I try my hardest to leave the place like nothing happened however, when I find Tony standing there casually, amongst his men, like nothing ever happened, I began to clench again.

As I saunter towards him, he lifts his gaze from his phone to me while he had a cigarette tucked in between his fingers.

"Let's go." I mumble as I walk past him but I stumble back on my feet when he pulled me back. When he did, my back crashed onto his wide comforting chest. I clenched my jaws and my fists as I compose myself again.

"Just because you call me stupid, doesn't mean I actually am tigrotto." He growled into my ear and I could sense his frustration. He sounded bothered as I began to contemplate how one could be so bipolar. He clenched my wrists with his firm hold and squeezed as hard as he could, until I was no longer able feel my hand. "What kind of game are you playing with Thiago?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I begin to attempt to struggle out of his hold, "In fact, I don't know where he is."

"Lies. Lies upon lies." He growled again and this time, he squeezed my wrists a little more harder, "That's how all of this started didn't it? When you were pretending to be my fucking neice! You better start talking."

"Or what? What are you going to do to me, huh? Kill me?" I whispered, "Let's face it, you can't kill me Pendejo, you need me. You were sent to protect me; if you kill me, your boss kills you. If you kill me, your dick has nothing to fuck."

A small hand gesture made every single one of his men just nod their heads curtly and then walk away, out of the shop only for us to be alone. I watch them walk away from us as Tony releases me from his burning hold.

"It doesn't hurt to keep quiet tigrotto. Sometimes, it gets very annoying when you seem to have an answer to everything." He growled before he grabbed my jaws into his hold, "Everyone else in the fucking world seems to want you but I don't. You're living in my villa, under my roof, under my control. I can drop you just like that and lie to everyone about your whereabouts."

I clenched my jaws and feel my throat swell with so much unknown emotions. Emotions I have never felt. Despite the fact that I knew he was speaking the truth, I felt his words hit a lot harder that I expected. It was either the way he said it or the fact that it came from him.

But as I blink up at him, I feel my eyes burning. What does that mean?

I begin to scrutinise his face and find no trace of any lies, it seemed as though whatever he was claiming to do, he would do it without hesitation. My skin crawled as I reminisced Thiago speaking those exact words and for Tony to just sputter these words were no different. I thought they were different but turns out they're not. The only difference was that when Tony said it, it hurt a lot.

I gulp the heavy ball in my throat and then glare up at him as tears threatened to spill out.

"Is that so?" I grit through my teeth, even through my shaky breath, "Very well then, I'd like to see you try."

"Oh tigrotto, that's quite a challenge you've set there. Just remember, you have nobody. Nobody. Thiago doesn't give a shit about you. No one does. You have me. Only me."

And for some reason, after his announcement, it seemed like a reality check for me. Tony was absolutely correct, I had no one except for him and I was okay with that. I trusted him even after he said all these things to me to belittle me. I was used to it but above all, my instincts trusted Tony, that he would never hurt me.