Chapter Eleven

Amalia's POV

"Do you have to leave?"

I rest my head on my hand as I rub my eyes, the sun really made its way through the curtains as it shone brightly into my face. I squinted as the back of my eyes aches before I tossed on the bed while the sheet wrapped around my naked body.

When I turned, Thiago stood in front of me, half dressed. He wore a blue shirt and had no pants on. I scrutinise him one last time before I sigh and lay back on the bed.

The thought of Thiago leaving did not sit well with me in my mind because this meant I was going to be alone, however a part of me wanted this because I needed to be away from him. This was the first time in the last five years that we were going to be apart and I feel the relief settle in my system but did not make it obvious to him because then, I would have to deal with one of his bitchfit tantrums.

"Sì," he replied before he turned to the mirror and fixed his collar, "but I expect you to behave."

I nodded my head even though I knew he couldn't see me. My eyes were closed as I sigh once again before I get out of bed and head straight for the restroom.

"Do you understand Ama?"

I brush my teeth and prepare for my shower but before I could say anything else, Thiago forced his way into the restroom.

"Do you understand Amalia?"

I glance up at him and nodded my head. I felt the dull ache in my stomach as I watch his face; I really wasn't going to see this face for a few weeks.

As I watch him, Thiago caresses my face before he tenderly touched my lips with his thumb. I inhale a breath and ease into his touch and when I opened my mouth, Thiago pulled closer and kissed my lips.

"mi mancherai." He whispers when I pull away from him and watch him. I smile up at him before I embrace him. His arms were securely wrapped around me and then he chuckled, "will you miss me?"

"Of course! I'll miss your glares and your tantrums." I retort and in that instant, Thiago pulled away.

"Ama." He says in a stern voice and I just look up at him and laugh.

A small smile crept on his lips before he pulled away and drew his attention back to the mirror and immediately, a frown reached my lips. For a second, I thought I was going to have this forever but I forgot how Thiago really was.

Dejection filled my system as I watch Thiago in disappointment, he was acting like as if we just did not have a moment and it really pissed the fuck out of me. He wasn't passionate and affectionate like how I thought he would be, considering what this all is. In the last couple of years, Thiago never showed me his affection and it hurt. It really did feel like he used me for a good time, a quick fuck.

I walk into the shower and begin to clean myself as Thiago remained in front of the mirror, like he didn't give a fuck about anything. I clench my jaws as I glare at him through the glass before I continue to mind my business.

Once I'm done, I leave the shower expecting Thiago to be gone already but much to my surprise, he was still here.

"While I am gone, I need you to be attentive for me. Tony is not brainless, eventually he will put two and two together if you continue to act careless."

"Careless?" I scoff, "I am doing everything you're asking me to do? What more do you want?"

"You're acting careless. What was the need for you sleep here last night?"