Chapter Two

Tony's POV

Life has been tedious, I never ever felt like I was in dire need of a drink.

I stumble into the meeting room of the estate and grab the first thing my eyes trained on; the bottle of alcohol that stood on the tray. I popped off the cap and poured a glass for my quenching thirst because it was becoming unbearable by the second. However, before I could gulp the drink, the door opened.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

I glare at the door to find both Fabio and Dante watching me as concern filled their faces. I clenched my jaws before I gulped the drink, allowing it to burn my throat and settle into my system.

"Having a drink, what does it look like?" I retort before I pour another glass and walk towards them. "You want some? Here."

I shove the glass of liquor to Dante's chest before I take the bottle to my lips and drink straight from it. I walk away from them and open the balcony doors to reach the balcony so I could get some fresh air. I was so fucking tried of this, I needed out.

"Tony, look at you."

"Ah fuck off."

"Open your damn eyes and look what you're doing!" Dante snatched the bottle off me and swung his hand across the back of my head, the impact really caused a small aching dull pain to my head. Anger flared in my system as I glare at him, his eyes trained straight back at me before Fabio stood between us.

"What the fuck do you want? I'm doing as you're telling me to do! What more do you stronzo want!"

Fabio pulled Dante away and then turned his attention back to me. He grabbed the bottle and then pushed it back to my hands which I gladly took off him. I glared at the both of them before I drank from the bottle, which satisfied my thirst for this.

"Fratello, have you any idea how hard you're making this for us?"

I froze against the balcony stand and pull the bottle away from my lips before I glanced over my shoulder to find Fabio watching me in disappointment. Behind him, Dante was pacing back and forth as he was on the phone to somebody.

"I... I'm sick and tired of this!" I grab the bottle and hurl it towards the gates at the entrance, that was far away from where I was. When the bottle reached the floor, it smashed into millions of pieces. "I'm sorry Fabio, I can't control myself."

"Which is why we are here to help you. Doesn't this give you a sign to start over? Tony, you were knocking on deaths door a few months ago, and you're still here, healing so you could get back on your feet and begin this fight."

I gaze at Fabio as realisation settled upon me; Fabio was speaking facts.

A few months ago, I survived death. A few months ago, I was shot in my arms and it became deadly when the bullet lodge through and nearly reached my heart. The second that bullet pierced through me, I thought I saw death. I didn't remember much of that day, only the scarring image of Constantino's lifeless face gazing back at me with nothing.

Through some miracle, I survived this ordeal but Constantino sadly has been affected. Right now, he was stuck in a coma, fighting this everyday with little to no progress. To say that I was traumatised was an understatement; I wanted to do something about it but I knew I had no more strength. I clench my jaws at Fabio before I look away, Dante finished his phone call and then returned back to us.

"Tony, talk to us. It's been like this everyday and it isn't getting easier for us." Dante stressed as he stood in front of me,

"I don't know what to do anymore, I need answers! The only person that could give me answers right now is on the edge of death. It's not easy for me too, do you think I'm enjoying this?"