Chapter 22

Sam's POV:

"Look, I totally understand if you don't want too... I mean if I were in your place, I just thought that maybe-"

"Sam. Stop. We can make you a channel," Lewis said, cutting me off. 

I stood before Lewis and Hannah, awkwardly asking them about possibly creating my own channel. I was hesitant to ask at first, but it was something that had been on my mind ever since I was on that live stream.

"Lewis? Is that such a good idea?" Hannah asked. 

"If she wants a channel, I think we should give her one. After all, she's been spending so much time at the office, she could be making tons of videos. Plus, she knows how to edit and all that jazz," Lewis said, flashing me a small smile. 

I nodded. "I feel like this is something I could do and do very well. I'm surprised that I actually want to do something this much. Also... I've been thinking about school and uni and such, but I don't know what I want to do. I don't want to throw myself into a situation where I'm going to school but not going into any direction. I think doing something fun and entertaining may get the wheels turning, you know?" 

Both Lewis and Hannah shook their heads in agreement. 

"I totally understand what you are saying, however, I think that if you really want a channel, we should start you on one with no affiliation to the Yogscast. You won't get jealous hate from the fans and we can make sure that you are producing top-quality professional content. I want to make sure that if you create a Yog channel you will stick with it," Hannah told me. 

"Of course. What you guys do is a job. It's not a game or something I can just join. I want to make sure I'm ready too," I said. 

"Then it's settled, get yourself a channel! I'll have Teutron do some avatar artwork that is styled differently from ours. I'm sure he can do some kind of an artsy banner if you want as well?" Lewis asked. 

"That would be awesome. I think I even have a channel name!" I told them. 

"What is it?" Hannah asked. 

"I think I'll be called JustSam. I want it to be something simple and something people can remember," I told them. 

"Then it shall be, JustSam," Lewis said, throwing me over his shoulders. 

"Lewis!" I screeched, trying to escape his grasp. 

He cackled and threw me on to the couch as I laughed hysterically. Hannah rolled her eyes at us. 

"Losers," she said, flipping her hair dramatically. 

"What was that missy?" Lewis yelled, turning his head slowly. 

"Nothing dear!"

As he was distracted, I hopped up from the couch and ran over by the kitchen where Hannah was and hid behind her. 

"Protect meeeee!" I squealed. 

Hannah laughed. "You're on your own kiddo!" 

"I will get both of you," Lewis roared and started running towards us.

"Sam, get the flour!" Hannah screamed. 

I giggled and ran to the cupboard. I grabbed the whole bag of flour and obediantly brought it to Hannah, who had Lewis in her arms, pinning him. 

"Wow Lewis, super strong, aren't yea?" I asked. 

"Hey, not all of us can be fucking ripped," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "It's tough when you are constantly being man-handled by a certain blondie."

"I can't help it that my muscles are too big for you," Hannah said, flexing an arm. "Now, get him!"

I laughed at their child-like fight but grabbed a handful of flour out of the bag.

"As you wish," I tell Hannah and then shove the flour into Lewis's face.

He splutters in surprise as he suddenly has the pale complexion of a ghost. "Sam!? How could you do this to me?"

I shrug my shoulders and grab another handful of flour as Hannah pecks him on the cheek. The distraction gives me enough time to plan my super secret sneak attack.

"Sorry Hannah!" I screech when she also has a face full of flour. "I've gone rogue!" 

******************

"Thanks for watching," I say, wrapping up my first video.

After getting my channel set up with artwork and the basic information, I had decided to do my first video with a simple Minecraft build.

I was totally impressed with myself because in a few short weeks, I had managed to get my building skills above average. Obviously, Sjin had helped a lot with that (which I'm eternally grateful for).

I drummed my fingers against my desk as I absentmindedly began to edit.

"She may contain the urge to run away

But hold her down with soggy clothes and breezeblocks

Cetirizine, your fever's gripped me again

Never kisses, all you ever send are fullstops

Do you know where the wilds things go

They go along to take your honey

Break down, now weep, build up, breakfast

Now let's eat, my love, my love love love," I sang quietly to myself. Recently, I had found myself loving the alternative/indie scene. Alt-J was one of my new found obsessions.

"Woah... that was really good," a voice said from my door.

I jumped and spun around on my chair, eyes wide and heart thumping.

"Don't do that. And you never heard anything," I say mysteriously to a wild Sparkles, a blush rising in my cheeks.

"I do what I please," he replies nonchalantly, leaning against the door frame.

"Oh really?" I ask.

"For sure. I did kiss you, didn't I?" he asks with a big grin.

My jaw drops. I guess I deserved that, I did walk into it.

"I guess you did," I mumble, turning back to my computer and tapping a few keys.

I silently try to avoid conversation and pretend to be absorbed in my work.

"You know you can't avoid me forever?" Sparkles asks, whispering in my ear.

I jump again, this time slamming into him. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I screech.

He laughs and rubs his face. "It's alright Sam."

I love the way he says my name.