Chapter 6

Sam's POV:

"You're worthless. You're garbage. You don't deserve to live." He says. I scream in pain as he slaps me across the face. "Please... stop," I whimper. I punch against him, trying to get him off of me. He roars in anger. "You stupid little bitch! How many times do I have to tell you, don't touch me! Now you're going to get it!" He continues to beat me until I slip into darkness.

"No!" I scream, my eyes shooting open. I let out a sigh when I realize that it was only a dream. Well, a dream about my past.

"Are you okay honey?" A blonde haired female with an owl hat asks.

I screeh when I realize who's sitting next to me! "H-hannah?"

She nods and gives me a small smile. "How are you feeling?"

I look at my feet. "I'm okay. I'm sorry."

She looks at me, confused. "Why do you keep saying sorry? Lewis said that you said that to him, too?"

"I just... I didn't know that this was YogTowers. i didn't want anyone to get wrapped up in my problems or have to deal with me. I'm sorry," I cry.

I know I'm acting like a baby. I just can't stop crying. Plus, I think I'm a bit crazy from meeting so many of my heroes.

"Don't cry. You haven't done anything wrong. And don't apologize. Hannah says.

She grabs my hand and smiles a bit. "What's your name?"

"I'm Sam," I say quietly.

"Just Sam?" she asks.

I nod my head. I'm not going to tell her my last name. In fact, I'm never going to use that dreaded last name again.

"Well, Just Sam, I think you need some girl time. Why don't we take a trip to the mall and do some shopping. That will take your mind off of things. Then, maybe if you're ready, we can talk," she says.

I try out a smile and giggle a little. "Is this a bribe to get me to tell you about myself?"

"Maybe a little. But you also seem like a very sweet and interesting girl. I want to get to know you personally. Plus, I think you could use a few new clothes." She gestures to my damp sweatshirt and torn jeans.

I laugh. "I could do with a few new things. Thank you Hannah."

"Of course, Just Sam. Now hurry up. I'll get you some clothes of mine to borrow. It's freezing out and there's no way I'm letting you go out in damp clothes."

I smile and agree. A little while later, we're off to the mall.