Chapter : 36

**********Flash back***********

9 years ago

Rose's POV :

"Mom! I can't find my chem book on my shelf ", I yelled at my mom being in a hurry.

Honey! You are kind of becoming a nerd these days.

You should stop worrying much about these things and start having some life baby.

My mom teased me with a mocking smile and I rolled my eyes looking for it persistently.

You are not even having that period today, why do you want that now?

Well, I looked for an excuse to escape from her mocks but couldn't find any good reason and give up and told her that I wanna go through it once again for the Saturday test.

See, I told you, nerd alert! She started teasing me again and I have past seen her and found my book and grabbed it and kissed her bye and ran fast to catch the bus.

I had sat on the bus and was lost in my thoughts. Yes, mom was right. I am the biggest nerd in school.

I have already prepared for the test like a hundred times. Still, I wanna go through it for the hundred and one times.

I never cared about how I look. I just cared about what I am gonna achieve in the future.

I always used to wear my uniform quite loose and my hair is tied in a ponytail with neither curly nor straight. It's just left for its natural wave.

Thanks to God for not giving me glasses otherwise they would just get another excuse to tease me for my geeky nature.

I do have best friends Mia and John who are the most popular kids in school but always include me in their gang. They love me and always make me feel nice about myself whenever I feel low.

Mia starts shouting my name while getting out of her car, "Babes! Wait up"

I turned around to see her rushing to park her car and tried to catch up with me.

Wow! Could you imagine? Today is the last day you are gonna have those braces on!

It's a long journey with them, she smiled looking at me for the pain I bear the past eleven months.

I sighed in relief saying, "Yeah! Finally "

We entered the hallway walking towards the locker talking about stuff and there was a sudden fight started in the hallway.

And it has begun being loud and coming towards us, two boys rolling on the lockers punching each other and we both got frightened with the scene in front.

It's John and the new guy who has moved from someplace a few weeks back, rolling and head hitting each other now like mad bulls.

Mia stuck to my side and I was standing there with a panicked face.

There he was, the new guy, pulled his hand back in a force and about to place a big blow on john's face when I screamed and closed my eyes, I didn't want to see that.

But nothing ever happened, No next punch and no cry had been left john's mouth with pain.

When I realized and opened my eyes, the new guy right in front of me standing one inch away and looking mysteriously at my face.

I looked down at John who was about to hit him again, we acted fast, I and Mia immediately took hold of him and rushed him away.

I was running with them to the first aid place in school.

I looked back at him to see whether the new guy is hurt he was standing there leaning back on the locker raking his fingers through his hair with no scratch visible.

Xave's POV :

I was stunned at the person standing there frightened by the scene who is trembling with fear when I turned around to see the person who screamed that loud.

My eyes went awed when I have seen her, the girl whom I have never noticed till now, Looking so innocent with her lips shivering in fear looking so cute with her eyes closed in fear.

I stood there like a statue admiring her when she rushed towards me I thought but grabbed that jackass John's hand and left with him.

My heart didn't stop racing even after she left, I stood there awestruck pulling my hair to understand what just happened to me.

The whole day I was busy searching for her, I got to know we don't share many classes but the chem class which we don't have today.

It's boring for me and I am mostly busy on my phone when I am in class during that.

I felt stupid not to notice her all these days.

Rose's POV :

We got John helped and were ready to go to the next class.

"Why did you even get into a fight in the first place? ", Mia raised her eyebrows questioning him with her arms crossed across her front.

It's just a locker room fight extended till today, nothing more!

He brushed off the conversation and started putting his
Coat.

"Well, Never let yourself get into those stupid fights ", we warned him and walked towards the class.

I haven't seen the other guy rest of the day.

I have been thinking about him all day.

He looked different!

No one ever looked at me the way he looked at me today.

I felt noticed!

I was drifting away from the class today but tried my best not to miss the important things Ms.Fell was teaching about.

John was still in pain, usually, they come to drop me home but I told them to take their other route to reach home fast and take rest.

I was walking towards my locker to keep my things and leave for home when I have seen a note stamped on it.

" Your existence made me feel that I am alive till today to meet you!", written on it

With a tongue out emoji made on it.

Ewwww, what a cheezy line! , I felt and turned it around to see who written it but no name.

"I knew it was cheezy!", There is a voice behind me which startled me and I turned around to see the guy who is standing behind me now facing straight in my face like he was in the morning.

Jeez! Why can't he stand any farther!

I was breathing heavily by the closeness I was just facing for the first time in my life because of a boy!

I felt," Oh boy! You are in serious trouble Rose "