Chapter : 15

Rose's POV :

"There are many files which you should go through Ms. Valentine ", My assistant Kiara talked when I was going through the files.

"These things need to be sorted before we go for a run from next Monday", I informed her to get people to work on them.

It's been two weeks till the charity event, that raised 5 million dollars and it has gone straight to the children's educational trust fund which Marrano groups run. And Jake announced he is gonna build 20 schools with this fund for poor children. I just loved his idea.

It's also been two weeks that he promised he wouldn't force me about anything and he stuck to the plan.

We both haven't met after that since he is in Paris on some work.

He calls every other day to check on me and Vin. Vin and Jake have become good friends since they met in Florida. Sometimes they keep me out of conversations and talk for hours. He has changed a lot as he promised. But his last words that day as he is not gonna stop loving me but from that day he not only stopped persuading me to admit my feelings but he has begun to grow apart from and started to grow close to Vin.

That is what I always wanted, him to move on in his life but a tinge of jealousy formed in me but I ignore it all the time.

I don't know how he manages to talk to us since he doesn't get that much time from his work.

He doesn't even sleep well. That's what bothers me. He has become a hard-working man. Maybe that's what happens when you have all the power and wealth and you can't let anyone's hopes down when you are in that position.

Him working well and being on top gives lots of people their daily food.
He has several industries where many employees work with trust in him. If they go down millions of employees will lose their job which he couldn't let happen. Which will never happen since its Marrano groups which we are talking about.

And the number of funds go to different types of charities from his companies shares is huge. I know people think that billionaires and millionaires just put their money in charities to manage taxes but he genuinely increased his share to these things twenty percent after he took charge.

His dad had also given more percentage than usual but Jake increased the double amount of what his dad was sharing.

When I got to know about it once I have started to work again for Marrano groups I was happy to know that Jake is the same as before. Kind and good-hearted person.

I closed my file with the thoughts running inside my brain about Jake.

Kiara brought me some coffee for which I have been dreading.

I thought I would finish up most of the work today since the deadline is reaching us like an animal reaching its prey.

I have drunk my last sip of coffee and looked at the bundle of files that I need to look at and dropped my head on the table with disappointment.

"It's gonna get reviewed today Rose, come on babe u can do it ", I patted myself and started working on it.

At 4 pm Vin called me to confirm our dinner since we had plans for today night. After talking to her I kept my phone on silent and started working.

Vin, I and ty are going to the Italian place where bookings are impossible to make.

we were trying since the day we have come to New York but didn't get the chance because it takes us to get the table if we book 6 months before.

When we mentioned this to Ty this yesterday he just said we are going tomorrow. That's it. This is what special about being a Marrano. You don't need to wait for anything

I am exhausted with the work I have completed today and not a drop of energy is left in me since I didn't go for lunch. My head is spinning with a lack of energy left in me and I picked up my phone and seen 58 missed calls, and once I have seen the time my eyes grew bigger it's 12:55 am the next day.

I have seen many messages popped up on my screen and they are not going away since there are many.

I have called immediately back to Vin. She picked up my call on the second ring suddenly my phone went off.

I tapped my phone on my hand but it's of no use. I closed my laptop and left the files on the desk so that Kiara could know the reviewed files. She took off at 6 pm and told me to leave the files which are reviewed on the desk itself so that she would get them approved tomorrow.

I picked up my car keys and walked towards the lift.

The entire office is silent since no-one left in the building and I quickly ran to lift so that Vin wouldn't kill me today with her glare, words e.t.c

When I was about to enter the lift it opened and the man in front of me shocked me with his visit.

My eyes are wide open with a sudden appearance. His sudden appearance now, that too at 12:55 am at my office bewildered me.

Before I could say anything he grabbed my hands and pulled me downstairs and shoved me into his car. I couldn't utter a word since the people in the car are looking with dangerously blood-red eyes and I couldn't risk saying anything.

"Voice broke from the back"

"You are the stupidest girl I have ever met ", Vin bashed at me like a mad dinosaur and didn't let me say anything.

"It's 12:55 am the next day and you couldn't at least call us to say that you are alright and you are going to get late so that we would have at least know you're whereabouts".

I haven't said anything and looked back at Ty.

Ty was sitting beside her with a disappointed look in his eyes. I said sorry to them since we missed our dinner for which he freed his tight schedule.

It's not about dinner Rose, you didn't pick up our call and you are not back at home which worried us more.

We thought you are not picking up your call because maybe you are stuck at work.

We thought we can meet you back at home.

You were not at home as well when we reached home.

You didn't pick up the call either.

We tried to call the office as well but everyone will leave after 10 not even one person will be left in the building, not even janitors so we started worrying about you.

I am feeling guilty for making them worried about me. My head was bent with guilt. My eyes shifted to the person beside me.

The big concern for me right now is about the person who is sitting beside me with beaming anger. He didn't speak anything. Not even a word. His lips were formed in a thin line and his eyes are fuming and his hand holding the wheel very tightly. I felt like if he would have held me right now with that rage my bones would have crushed and thought about that sent chills through my body. I was scared to talk to him right now.

But I was surprised by his visit, he was in Paris.

How did he reach here so fast?

Was he back today ? or he was back a few days back and I don't know about it.

We talked to him three days back and that was the last I know where he was.

I could at least talk to the other two. But the beast beside me can't be tamed that easy. I kept my silence and looked at him to get the response......................