Chapter : 26

Jacob's POV :

I can't believe that bastard said that it's all my assumption about him betraying me by cheating with my girlfriend.

I felt blood rushing through my veins with anger hovering over me, "That arrogant bastard turned the tables!", I muttered rushing to my room, not being able to stand him another second.

When I reached my room I heard Rose calling my name.

I stopped right there waiting for her.

" I can't believe how can she hurt me after knowing that he is one of the reasons that I was hurt for years ", thinking that I was looking at her with furrowed eyebrows.

When she reached she started convincing me to listen to Damien and what he had to say to me.

Rose, "Please! I am not in the right mind to listen to that bastard", saying that I opened my room and entered, ignoring her words.

She followed me inside insisting on listening to him.

I turned around and held her right arm puller her close to me saying," I don't want to listen to anything Rose!".

"Even if it's true I can't let you near him"

By that statement she tried to let herself out of my grip, She hissed,
" You can't tell me who I can see or who I cannot Jake"

I just wanted to clear up the issue between you guys, "Rose was a bitch and she tried to make things worse for you guys and I can't let that affect you and hurt you ", She shrieked.

I can't let her mistake devastate you more, making you more miserable by seeing both of us together and you thinking that he is doing the same thing to you again.

"It was not his fault and now we both want to date each other which is our choice", She said

By that, I let her loose.

Then please tell me the reason, you accepting him to go on a date with, but not me.

For that, she doesn't say anything!

"I never wanted anything more than friends with you Jake!"

"I have always seen you as my friend", she said which left me wrecked.

You are lying rose, I know how you feel under my touch. I know you feel more than friendship towards me.

I know how much a friend can care and how much a person who loves the significant other can care.

I know how you feel when I am around, I hold her arm causing her to look at me.

Her eyes looked perplexed with my words.

Rose's POV :

I was lost for words. I tried to control myself when he stated the reality.

I looked away and didn't answer his question.

He smirked at my reaction stating," Nice! Do the obvious "

You always get away from this.

"Okay rose, You want to give this relationship a try, Go ahead, Give it!"

"I won't be a stop factor for you"

"I am leaving right now"

But one thing, He pulled me closer now, by my waist, holding my face closer to him by keeping his hand on my chin, lifting it.

"Don't you dare let him near you until you are sure that he is the right guy", which sent chills to run through my body and making me feel weak in my knees?

He is the reason why I didn't let Damien kiss me back there at the lake.

I feel like he controls my emotions and me.

However, I try to gather myself and put up the courage to act by myself but his voice always trembles me for doing anything stupid which can make his feelings hurt.

He is not the only reason I act like that, unknowingly I feel not hurting him. I feel like if he gets hurt I am the one who is going to be sad the next minute.

He walked towards me when I stepped backward and my back touched the wall when I realized the reduced distance between us, heavier heartbeat, and the uneven breathing when he has given a long stare at my lips.

After him informing me to not let Damien near me until am sure, I felt the tremble in my body thinking what he would do if I don't.

His stare led to the other action when he held me tight on my waist lifting me from the ground straight up and holding my face with his other hand by placing it on my cheek clearing my hair away from my face with his finger, pecked on my lips.

My body shivered under his touch and I felt like dropping on the floor if he leaves me any second near.

He doesn't leave me anytime soon but left me on my foot and still holding me waiting for me to relax. He knew how my breathing gets heavy when he is this close to me.

" It's your choice now butterfly, have your chance with him ".

But if I get to know that he has hurt you, next minute you will have a glance at his corpse", He claimed.

I am here leaving my "life", my butterfly to have her choice.

I don't know what's the reason for you to push me away all the time.

But now I am letting you, have your way.

Saying that he loosen his grip and let me on my own.

I stood there analyzing what just happened.

Did he let me choose Damien or did he let me date him or did he leave me for good?

By that, I left his room mystified.

The next day Vin and Ty fled to see the sights in the city.

Vin notified me that Jake left.

My next day went in a blur and we returned to NY for our work.

Damien said he is gonna visit me in few days after he is done with the work over there.

He said he is gonna take care of his nana business in the future.

He said he was always a hotel person but his dad forced him to manage his legacy.

Once the company is off his hands he is not in a mood to build up another related to that. He was happy that jake took over his company.

He said he acted like he is not interested in selling it so that he can make more profit out of selling it.

He was happy by knowing that jake listened to the explanation at least through me.

He says, "Now it's up to him to believe him or not"

I am happily back to work with jake accepting me moving on and him accepting the fact that he has to move on.

I am done with my work on Monday returned home, entered the apartment. Noisy sounds are coming from the apartment. I have gone inside to see dad laughing loud with Vin.

Rick runs to me, hugs me hard, "Surprise rozyyyyyyyy!"

He yelled with excitement which made my heart melt.