Chapter : 31

Jacob's POV :

All of us got settled and had lunch. It's fun around Rose's family. I miss my Mom though.

After dad's death, she has left for the Philippines where dad and mom have their dream home built as per their retirement plan.

Dad says, how much ever you earn or build your status, at the end of the day you want to be with the person you love and you want to spend your last days with them.

Mom has been there and is not interested in moving back anytime near. I visit her every other month.

Rick nudged me to pass him the chicken wings I made which pulled me out of my thoughts.

He started eating them with delight. and I looked at him with adored eyes.

We all are done with eating and I got a call from my stupid assistant who can't understand that I am not gonna come but fixed me up with the meeting which had to be dealt with, on an important note.

When I told that to Rose she said," Hey, Please don't be late for something important on my account!", Go! Go! She pushed me and make me grab my coat fast "

I kissed bye to Rick saying that I will be back tomorrow, making him feel cheerful about the trip we are gonna take tomorrow.

She is pushing me to go faster out of the door when I grabbed her and hugged her saying bye when she stood there hitched in her position for a bit without moving. I kissed her on the cheek and said I will be here tomorrow.

She closed the door behind me.

After that I stood there, leaning on the door, thinking about her, placing the back of my head on the door.

I do know how much she affects me and I do such acts and I have realized that I am stalling time and stridden from there to get into the car right away to handle the meeting.

Rose's POV :

I made him move faster to catch up with the meeting since he already wasted his half-day being with us.

It's a busy day and I don't want him to miss anything on my note.

When he was about to leave I think a little demon in him scrunched up a bit and thought to tease me. He hugged me in a rush which I can't take right now.

I am moving on for God's sake," I can't even be around him!"

We are like magnets or like the things which get ignited within seconds.

"His arms feel safe to be in hold of"

I just got stuck for a second and when he kissed on my cheek. Blood rushed right away to my cheeks making it look like a tomato and I closed the door right after he left the apartment and stood there for a while leaning on the door, pulling myself together so that I won't be affected the whole day.

Oh my God, "Why do I feel like a love-struck idiot all the time when I am around him and these little things make me do stupid things in further".

If I am the one who is been watching such a scenario to anyone else, I would laugh on their face and given a dramatic stare every time they behave such way.

But now, It's happening to me and I can't stop it.

"Seriously! Who gets affected by a stupid hug", I slapped my forehead and started to go inside the kitchen to see if mom needs anything.

When I am about to move, Dad was there standing and looking at me with a mocking stare.

What Dad! Now you wanna say something too?

"Please don't hold back on my account!", I said to him

He opens his mouth and says," I think it looks good! I would love to see two Men standing at the altar for you! "

I screeched at him and yelled,"This is me leaving!" and left the room running into the kitchen.

The next day it looked like a teen drama going on with boys instead.

Damien and Jake on the same couch watching a football game with Rick in between them, where the poor little boy is trying to understand the game through them but he probably doesn't know, there is a verbal war going on between them regarding who is explaining better to him.

When I noticed it and thought to say dad to butt in, but it's like there is no charm of God on us today since he is MIA with uncle Carl to some club.

I tried to control it and go near them but jake soon grabbed my arm pulling me to his side, scorning at Damien, asking me whether he was right.

I couldn't take it anymore, it's like two teenage boys fighting because of some jealousy.

I stood up from there not answering jake, took Damien's hand, and gone to the side.

Damien is so frustrated," He is unbelievable!", he scowled with annoyance in his voice.

I looked at him with pleading eyes," Damien, I really need you to leave, Please go and get freshen up!"

"What! ", He shocks

See, You haven't got any rest after traveling and you haven't even got freshen up and joined Rick right away.

I understand that you are bonding with him, But you just met him and you don't need to leave an impression in half-day!

And you sitting there fighting with Jake is not gonna do any good either to your impression thing or to your sleep needed eyes.

It's like a challenge or something.

"But he is the one who is messing with me!", He exclaims

I know that and I don't like it either, but I  can't let you guys fist punching each other in some time because of your stress and irritation caused by him and him getting irritated by you through your past vendetta.

"Just go back to the hotel and get some rest"

"We will meet you in the evening for dinner"

By then I will handle jake as well," I pleaded with him and he felt defeated and left us, hugging me goodbye.

He said bye to rick as well, But he is so indulged with Jake talking nonstop about the game, Rick just waves at him.

I closed the door behind me looking at jake with a murderous look where he is sitting there with a teasing look, and passing a wink at me.

I raised my hand in the air," Where is the understanding Jake who promised me to let me have it my way and move on!", I thought to myself.