Chapter : 25

Rose's POV :

That revelation dragged me into a hit to reality.

Heat ran over my body and my movement became stable and I have got stuck to my seat and my complexion changed.

"How can I do this to jake?"

He has changed a lot since he met me.

He has left his past behind and the hurt caused by her.

But now life has made us stand at the same point where it looks like history is repeating.

The girl Jake likes has chosen the same guy again.

I feel like I have broken his heart. But the reality is, I didn't do it on purpose.

I haven't budged a little after he said that and I keep staring at him dumbstruck.

He doesn't say anything further and I turned straight, lost in thoughts.

Why did Damien keep this from me?

Why did he keep the fact that he was one of the reasons which have been the contributing factor that jake lost his integrity for many years?

For my comfort, jake didn't push me any further and I have got down the car and ran to my room once we reached the hotel.

I am feeling so bad right now and my mind is full of questions that can only get cleared by Damien himself.

I have got freshen up, cleared all the sand on my body and hair. I still have some uneasy feelings about my body or heart and that is the thing which I couldn't figure out.

I changed into my pajamas and sat in a sitting area in my room looking at the city, lost in my thoughts.

There is a knock on my door, when I have unlocked it Damien showed up.

I don't know how to react right now and just invited him in.

When he entered he started apologizing for leaving early.

I couldn't hold it more inside me and blurted out," Are you the one with whom Rose, Jake's ex have cheated?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me with an alarmed look on his face.

" Look, Rose!"

"I am sorry that I didn't say about this earlier but I didn't feel it was an important thing to discuss past on our first date!"

"I didn't feel to share our feud with you and spoil our date."

"But you didn't tell me about it when we first met?", I questioned.

"You have to keep on telling me that you both are best friends where clearly it's not the truth!", I shrieked.

"It's not like you have to tell me everything but you should have told me this because I wouldn't have said yes to this when it's clearly hurting jake!", I exclaimed.

He keeps his silence and I continued complaining.

"I can't do this to my friend!", I cried

"How can you claim he is your best friend when you both couldn't spare a look at each other?"

He came near me holding my hand asking me to relax a bit.

Rose, "What I told you was the truth!"

I was his best friend, we both got caught in a situation where it looked like I betrayed him. But I didn't.

Rose was a bitch!

She used to keep her eye on me and tried to lure me when both of them were in a relationship but I didn't fall prey to her doing.