Chapter : 21

Rose's POV :

It's not who I predicted it would be.

But I came across the face who I thought I wouldn't have to see again.

Damien Gilly is at my door with a bunch of pink carnations in his hands and a broad smile plastered on his face.

"Hello, beautiful!"

"Surprised to see me?", He asked and tried to enter the apartment.

I was puzzled by his behavior but blocked him from entering.

I stood between the door and him.

"Hello, Mr. Gilly!", I emphasized his name.

"To what do I owe this surprise!!", I mocked his presence at my door.

He has a smirk on his face with his left eyebrow raised and said," Well! A beautiful face like you doesn't need to owe anything honey ".

"I hope it's common for you to get your admirers strolling in front of your apartment all the time!"

I sighed at his outdated flirtatious comments and said, "why don't we have a real conversation, Mr. Gilly?"

"Can you explain to me why you are here?", I enquired him.

"Oooh, spooky!"

" I like it!"

"Well, Miss Rose, I know my comments are outdated but my intentions are clear", He exclaimed.

His admissions felt real. He continued talking.

"I liked talking to you the other day and I am here to apologize for my behavior".

"I am sorry if I had hurt you back at Jake's home".

"I was just in a mood to infuriate my friend so I didn't notice that I was offending you", He explained.

"I am extremely sorry!"

"Could I be forgiven or should I need to do anything else to be forgiven?"

After a long line of speech, he bent his head dramatically and was waiting for me to forgive him.

It's funny and looks like an honest apology.

I accepted his apology and said he has been forgiven for his mistake.

"So, are you here just to admit guilt or you have any other work in the area, Mr. Gilly?"

"Please call me Damien!", He made a pout. He looked silly with that expression.

He continued, "Well I am in the area for you".

I have sold my tech group to Marrano groups. So they are having a launch party. For being the previous owner I have been invited and I am here to ask you to be my date for the party.

Well, for now, we will go as friends but if I don't annoy you by the end of the day we can plan for a further real date.

I have been amazed at first, but then I thought it's not such a bad idea.

I said ok to him.

I can't get jake away from my thoughts if I don't move on. And he is not as famous as jake.

He just owns his dad's business of this tech which he sold to Marrano groups and nothing else. So I don't find anything bad about him to just give it a try.

He picked my hand near his lips and gave a kiss to it and said," See you tomorrow beautiful!"

I will pick you up at 07:00 pm tomorrow and I objected him from picking me up and said I will be there and told him to just text me the address of the venue.