Chapter : 27

Jacob's POV :

I have come back on Sunday 05:00 AM in New York time.

After Rose's declaration about us, I have felt lost and I didn't want to push her anymore.

The person who loves significant others will respect them in every decision they make and I decided to do that. I decided to move on with my life.

I believed her when she said about Damien.

My other friends didn't bring the discussion anymore about Damien after what happened back then.

Damien was my best bud, we were like brothers. Everyone envied our bond. My parents used to treat him like my brother.

After that revelation, I realized something went wrong. I understood that none of my other friends told me the truth about it and let us get apart.

When I have called my friend he admitted his bitterness towards Damien and told me the truth.

I felt stupid for not listening to him and let my anger rule my mind.

Now my past mistake has got back at me. Maybe he wouldn't have gone for Rose now if he knew that I like her. Many things would have happened contrarily.

I blamed myself and thought to move on.

I have taken rest all day and have slept on an empty stomach the whole day.

It's 06:00 in the evening and I start to feel hungry. I wake up and have some food whipped up by Ms. Magada rushingly when I asked her to cook.

I am sitting on the table with pulled out energy in me.

While she is serving me food she asked me," Everything alright Sir?"

She looked concerned about me and I have just nodded my head eating my food in silence.

I have got a call from Ty asking me, "how am I doing?"

I talked to him for a while about when I have reached and some other stuff and cut the call.

After some time I am in my study looking for some files that need to be dealt with on Monday.

There is a sudden thud on my door and a person barged in shouting like a maniac.

It's none other than Nick, My childhood best bud.

I understood that it's Ty's plan sending this monster to cheer me up.

" What's up buddy?"

He raised his hand and hi-fi me and gave a strong hug.

Why is party boy working on a weekend, he questioned for which I sighed.

I just want to kick Ty in his gut for sending this party animal now to cheer me up.

Nick doesn't listen to anyone until he gets what he wants.

He started to rant about some cool party going on tonight and wanted me to join.

It's waste of time if I try to get out of it because he will not get it and try to tow me away right away by some other means.

I give up and told him that I will get ready and let's hit the road.

It's 9 pm already and Nick is fully drunk. He is dancing with some girl at the party who is sure underage.

I tried to pull him away and inform the security about her but he requested me to let him have one dance.

Usually, he is not like this, he wouldn't have danced with her if he is in the right state of mind.

I know because he can't deal with women. Then how can he deal with an underage girl, I laughed inside at his stupidity.

I called the security and informed about her which they dealt with within minutes.

The place where the party is going on is Nick's pub.

Nick's sister is throwing a party since her graduation is done and she is gonna take over her dad's company.

Nick was never a responsible person but a skipper. His sister is quite driven and fought with her dad for taking over his company. Since he has been trying to convince Nick to take control of the company where he is clearly not interested but she is.

At last, his dad lost his hope in Nick and given her the power.

Nick's sister Nina is driven with the passion to rule the world one day.

I have met her a few times and learned that she has wonderful ideas to make her dad's firm larger and expand it, to go international.

She is there with her friends drinking and completely forgot about her animal brother.

Her friends are all over the place celebrating her happiness.

Actually, they are not celebrating but drinking like maniacs same as Nick

When I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see her standing there with a big smile on her face.

"Hi Jacob, It's good to see you at my party!", She exclaimed.

"Well, You know your brother he doesn't take No for an answer and he is not in a sight right now", I complained.

She giggled at my reply and we started to talk.

I congratulated her for taking over her dad's position and we both talked for a while. she started talking about her struggle to make her dad accept this and she seemed pretty excited to look herself in action.

She blurted out," So are you single or still pining for Rose?"

I chuckled at her blunt question and replied," I had to let her go and to speak the truth, it had happened yesterday!"

She looked doubtful at my answer and asked again, " Are you sure?" for which I replied, "Yes".

Her face instantly looked relieved and her next words take me by surprise.

"Since you are saying yes to everything I think I can ask you one more question for which I would like to hear the same answer", She said looking excited.

"So, I can ask you out without any hesitation!"

I haven't replied for a second, because I don't want to hurt nick if this goes anyway wrong.

Words are trying to form in my mouth to smoothly reject the offer when I felt an arm rounded my neck and it is Nick's, shouting with happiness, "Yes Man! You guys should date "

I have got dazzled by his encouragement and she is looking at me with dreamy eyes.

I felt nothing wrong in going out with her since I decided to move on and Nina is a very charming person to be around.

But I cursed myself because of the thoughts running in my mind of rose this instant. I have come out of it and said," Yes! "

The girl he would never get | ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें