~ IKIGAI ~

Sana woke up with the sun shining in her face. She looked to the side, where he usually slept, her hand gently ran over his side of the bed. She did feel new, so incredibly new. She felt like smiling, but not... At the same time. Her eyes drifted to the wall, it wasn't complete yet. She knew what she was going to do for the rest of the day. She got out of bed, Porridge was panting and running around the living room with his tongue out. She giggled.

"Hi my love..." She cooed, sitting down on the floor. It was so cold. He pounced onto her, licking her and kissing her. He was a big baby now. She laughed, scratching him under his ears and kissing his head.

"My pyaala putthu..." She giggled, snuggling into him.

"Peepee aaya Pupu ko? Let's go out." She mumbled. She pulled on a jacket. Not that it would help much, she had flimsy shorts underneath. She let her hair down and put Porridge on a leash. He jumped around in excitement when they went out. He dragged her to the behind of the cottage. She sat down on the bench like thing as he went around trying to find a good place to do his business.

Siddharth stepped out of the cottage to grab the packet of milk at his doorstep. His eyes drifted to her door. It was closed. He smiled softly, his mind thought about happy she must've woken up. He would have liked to seen that, her happiness without anything pulling her back. He just looked on, seeing if he'd get a glimpse before he walked off into the cottage. He had alot to do before he left and he didn't have time to spare. He walked into the bathroom to clean up a little bit before he began. There were 2 suitcases in the room, he began folding up all of his clothes and putting them into the box. He had sold off the bed and the breakfast table that he had bought. There was a knock on his door. His heart raced with a hope that it would be her. He shut his mind down and opened his door. It was one of the workers from the gym here to take away the equipment and the refrigerator. It took a few hours to dismantle and load everything. By evening, when he stepped out, her scooty was no more outside.

He went back inside after throwing a bunch of things into his car, along with the mattress and a a few of his suitcases. He would leave for the airport later at night the next day. He just had a duffle bag left behind with a few things that he could carry along. He and Shanky had the genius idea to fill up his car with everything and have it ported to Mumbai. It was 7:30 pm when he felt incredibly hungry and ordered pizza. He had a few bottles of beer and he sat on the floor in front of the window. Life had taken him on a full circle, he was back here again, in front of that window, eating alone and anticipating a new future. He felt her void, but it wasn't painful. It didn't throttle him lifeless. The fact that she was ready to take on life, it made him so proud of her.

Sana had been on the wall all day. She had forgotten to eat too. Around 5pm, she got hungry. She fed Porridge and cuddled him till he fell asleep and then left the cottage. She could see a few men at Siddharth's cottage, clearing up his place. Her heart twittered for him, he was such a beautiful man. So awe-striking. She got onto her scooty and left to the little shack like restaurant, soup and noodles or momos in that weather felt great. She ate alone while listening to their playlist. One of their favourite songs played, Dance me to the End of Love, she smiled at the song. It was theirs and it was so beautiful.

"Jugnu bhaiyya, itna jaldi kyun bandh kar rahe ho aaj?" She asked the younger boy.

"Didi woh Jacob sir aur Esther madam aaj church jaa rahe hain. Woh aaj 23rd haina, doh dinnon mein Christmas hain toh unka aaj candle light service hain. Mujhe bhi leke jaa rahe hain. Harr saal jaata hoon. Bohot khoobsurat service hota hain raat ko." He grinned.

"Sacchi? Kaha hain church?" She asked.

"25 minutes ki doori mein hain didi, St. John in the Wilderness church. 8 baje ko shuru hoga." He said.

Sonder To Ikigai - The Freedom in Love.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें