•Acamar•

Acamar - a star name meaning the end of the river.

******

The air of Dharamshala was fresh, hardly any harsh tinge of smoke and pollution in the clear air, and they were here in July, it was beautiful, gloom was a beautiful they cherished in their lives, the bright green mountains under the grey skies were beautiful, beyond anything they could imagine. Somehow, even the rainy season there was beautiful. Pari sat on her hip, bunched up in jackets and scarves. It was prickling cold outside. Siddharth held Anay, the other hand held onto Porridge's leash. His teeth clattered and he clung closer to Siddharth.

"Are you cold buddy?" He asked softly, Anay nodded, pushing his cold hands into Siddharth's jacket.

"Here!" Sana mumbled, her own nose was red from the cold. Siddharth quickly wrapped her dupatta around Anay, covering his face with it too. He snuggled warmly into him. Pari was a whole another case. The girl was a firebrand, sassy, small and hilarious. Sana wondered if it would help if she just tied her up to herself because of the way she was lunging and bouncing out of her arms to do whatever she wanted to do.

"Mumma! MUMMA! Ook!" She shrieked.

"Where? What?" Sana looked up urgently.

"Dadda!" She giggled, pointing at Siddharth.

"What? What happened to dadda?" Sana asked.

"Huh?" She seemed confused.

"Cartoon baccha." Siddharth laughed, opening the door for them both.

"Rohit! How are you?" Sana squealed, he sat in the driver's seat.

"Good, Sana! You?" He grinned back. Siddharth pushed Anay next to Sana and he helped Porridge up into the car and got into the front seat, giving Rohit a bro shake or whatever after he put in all the luggage in the car trunk. Anay shyly waved at him while little Pari continued to talk incoherently. Anay snuggled into Sana again and Pari got out of her hold to go and fell right onto Porridge.

They stood outside their cottage 20 minutes later. Sana felt like crying. The grass was overgrown, but very fresh and green nonetheless. Their home. Their little world. She felt tears escaping her eyes against her wish, Siddharth's arm was wrapped around her waist and the twins followed Porridge up the stairs, running to the door.

"Wow!" He whispered, looking at the cottage and then turned around to look at what used to be his.

"Can we go in? They're probably freezing." She whispered. He nodded, pulling her up the stairs. The door was unlocked. The fresh smell of the wood that was always there took over their senses. Things were as they were years ago. The kitchen was emptier but the couch, the table, the entire place, it was just as it was. The twins ran around everywhere till they fell right next to Porridge in front of the window he always slept at.

"Siddharth!" She cried, clinging to him.

"You want me to carry you inside?" He grinned. She nodded, still staying wrapped around him, he picked her up, again, as if she was his bride and took her inside. The door shut close and he didn't stop anywhere, directly taking her into the room and dropping her on the bed. Their bedroom. This room had seen so much. It had seen her blood, him losing his mind, her breaking down in love, and him gathering their brokenness. Her giving him a home, and him making it his. It was their universe. She wiped her tears as soon as she had looked at the wall. It had been more than two years. Siddharth quickly went out and brought the reluctant twins inside. The moment they walked in, their loud screams covered the room and they ran towards the wall to look at it.

Sonder To Ikigai - The Freedom in Love.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें