✨Gumala✨

Gumala - star name which means “gem,” “jewel,” “precious stone” or “the most beautiful” in Malay. (3)

*******

He sat up on the floor, stretched his arms out and cracked his neck, the floor wasn't comfortable and he didn't know how he fell asleep there. Had it been in the city, he would've been cursing out for being woken up by the sun light.

"Come here." He heard her voice, grabbing his arm. He looked at her unsure.

"We kissed." She argued. He lifted his bum up and plonked himself on the mattress, she pulled him back to lay down.

"Morning sky yah night sky?" He asked in a raspy voice, she pulled the blanket closer and offered him the other half, he covered himself with it and moved closer to her to look at the beautiful sunrise.

"Night sky. Much more to ponder upon." She said thoughtfully.

"Ek joke bolu?" She grinned, turning on her side to look at him.

"Hmm?"

"Why did the chicken cross the road?" She asked.

"Kyun?"

"To go to the idiot's house." She grinned as if it was the funniest thing ever. He looked at her with a frown.

"Funny nahi tha?" She giggled. He shook his head.

"Okay okay! Knock knock."

"Who's there?" He sighed.

"The chicken." She laughed thinking he'd get it.

"The chicken who?" He went on. She sat up and looked at him. Her face blocked the vision of the sunlight, and it was glowing like a halo behind her head.

"The chicken who crossed the road to go to the idiot's house." She giggled. His eyes widened at the way she played him. He grabbed the doggie on her night dress and pulled her down, a grin curling up on his face. She yelped, laughing louder as she fell back down next to him, much closer this time.

"Watch me box." He told her.

"Now?" She grinned. Only she knew what his boxing did too her.

"Hmm." He nodded, his eyes raked over her best features.

"Chalo." She smiled.

"Thode dher ke baad. Leit jao." He mumbled.

"Sirf ande aur chicken khaate ho?" She asked.

"Vegetables. Protein Shake aur maggi." He said.

"So you wouldn't eat if I made parathas?"

"Paneer. Paneer is protein. Aloo mein carbs hote hain." He said. She giggled and nodded.

"How come you still train if you don't box?" She asked.

"Force of habit. It's like my discipline." He said.

"Aap 38 ke ho na? Phir? You should have retired by now." She asked, turning to her side, he did the same and faced her, his hand lightly covered her neck, she bit down her lip and craned her neck, giving him more access.

"Yeh world championship last tha mera. I stopped doing it professionally two years ago, this was going to be my big end." He smiled bitterly, his eyes stung. She moved closer to him and touched his face, it was beautiful, the stubble and the way his eyes held an avalanche of thoughts in them. He had that bitter and painful smile on his face for what he had done to himself. She moved forward and hesitantly pressed a kiss to the corner of his lips. Her palm laid flat over his heart and caressed her thumb over her.

Sonder To Ikigai - The Freedom in Love.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें