🌠 Arcturus🌠

It was just a matter of life and death that everything can't down to ultimately. At some point, every single person had to live and at another point, they had to go. But what was to be done when a little one didn't even have the opportunity to open its eyes to life and live it, live it well enough and then walk towards death? That's how it was.

The little boy she held onto, he was a warrior, a survivor. His lungs were perfectly developed, a miracle the nurse called it, he was asleep again, snuggled so gently into her. And she couldn't stop crying. His mother was no more. But the one inside, his twin, she didn't even know if the twin would survive. If life would be merciful enough to not take away it's life before the little even got to live it.

It had been 12 minutes since she had been sitting there with the boy in her arms. She knew she had to give him away to the nurse to put him the incubator soon. This little lump of warmth was trying so hard to take all the warmth he could from Sana's chest.

"Ma'am..." The nurse approached.

"He had to be put in the incubator." She said softly, as if she was afraid.

"N... Namo right?" Sana asked, handing the boy over to her.

"Yes ma'am." The nurse smiled sympathetically.

"Can you tell me the truth? Will the other twin survive?" She asked, watching her put the baby in the incubator.

"Ma'am...."

"Please Namo." She pleaded.

"Woh... It's not impossible, but the moment the mother dies, there is no oxygen for the baby. What the doctors are doing now is the most crucial, and we can know the fate of the baby only after they take the infant out." She said. Sana nodded, accepting that. She watched the boy, wiping her face. Saleema didi was dear to her, and she had given her the responsibility to care for her children, and make sure that they wouldn't go into the hands of the father and his family. She knew there was no time to sulk, she had to get to work as soon as possible.

"He's safe here right?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am. Yahi ki security bohot high hai. And the patient has been referred to by Mr. Sathraj. We'll take full care." She said.

"Thank you." Sana whispered, getting onto her feet, grateful for the place of privilege they had because of him. She walked out if the NICU fast, passing through operation theatre and the ICU, out the dark hallway and into the waiting room.

"Shanky thoda ladhna tha... What if she doesn't survive? I couldn't give her one thing that I could." Sana heard Sheena cry into the phone and her heart broke. How was she supposed to tell her?

"Di..." Sana said softly, sitting down next to her.

"Sana! How is she? And the babies?" She gasped. Sana sat down next to Sheena and held her hand.

"Di, they couldn't save Saleema didi...." She said and watched as her face seemed absolutely horrified.

"What?" She gasped.

"Haan. Unhone bola ki she couldn't take the c-section. And she... She gave birth to a little boy... Maine usko pakda di... Itna nanha sa baccha... Aur uski maa..." Sana said, wiping her face clean of tears.

"The other one is... We don't know yet. Because they have to pull the baby out of her body, and it's apparently hard for the baby to get oxygen but I hope the baby is alright." She said.

"Lekin di, we don't have time to cry now. Didi only asked for one thing and that is to keep the children safe from that man. I don't know what the status is with them... Like if they want the babies or not... But we need to get to work." Sana said.

Sonder To Ikigai - The Freedom in Love.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें