✨Uklun✨

Uklun - a star name meaning “us” or “we” . (17)

******

An aching yet a dead heart and a broken yet a still shattering soul, it had no cure. But love, affection and togetherness in itself was a salve that could beat just anything. And that's all she knew as she continued to cry, holding this man in her arms. The door to his cottage was open, there were a few people out on the street who were yet to notice the gut wrenching reality of them both. She couldn't let any of them know. She, with unbelievable strength, held him tighter, stopped crying because she needed to focus now and sat him down on the couch. She knew he was still awake and alive, he was whimpering her name, calling for mummy and 'his' Priya; and that relieved her. She was hell-bent on fixing what she had broken.

"Siddharth, baby. I'll be right back okay." She whispered, sitting him down on the couch. He was wheezing frighteningly hard. She shoved the TV remote into his hand and wiped the sweat off his face and brushed the hair off his forehead.

"Keep changing the channels. Okay? Keep changing the channels, I'll be right back." She said, kissing his head, his hand was struggling to hold the remote but he did anyone, once he changed the channel, she dashed out of the cottage and ran incredibly fast across the street into his. She was horrified at the state. She didn't bother cleaning up everything, she just walked into his gym room and opened the closet and grabbed a few articles of clothing, his medicines box, his phone and charger and his lock and key. She drew the curtains and licked up the cottage and ran across the street and back to her place. He was still desperately trying to change the channels. She shut the door behind her and locked it, threw all the things she had on the couch.

"I'm going to call an ambulance, okay?" She whimpered, she was so scared.

"N... No. No. Help me out. They can't know. Help me." He slurred and stuttered. She let out a sob, she didn't know what she was supposed to do. He was trembling like a mad man, letting out growls from throat, it was all so frightening.

There was a knock on the door. She was terrified to open it, she was so scared. What if it were the police? Or someone who shouldn't have been here. The last time someone knocked like this, it was his father. And the event turned fatal. They knocking continued, she wiped her face quickly, cleaning it up.

"Siddharth. Lie down baby. Please don't make any sounds." She said softly, laying him down on the couch and covering him with a blanket. He continued to whimper her name loudly, she pulled a scarf around herself and opened the door. Irritation and annoyance filled her when she saw who stood there.

"Sana! I saw you lock up his door! Where is Sid? I've been worried ever since he left like that!" Anjana said. She seemed genuinely worried.

"He's not here." Sana said in a hurry, trying to hold herself together.

"Sana!" He whimpered and slurred.

"He's right there! Let me see him!" Anjana insisted, trying to go inside. He growled loudly again and she heard a loud sound.

"I'm sorry Anjana! He's alright!" She said in a hurry and slammed the door shut on her face. She rushed back to him and looked at his pale face. He had dropped the remote.

"C... Call Shashank." He groaned. She hurriedly grabbed his phone, unlocked it and looked for his contact. The phone rang a couple times too many and for too long, she wiped the blood dripping out if his nose and the excessive drool coming out of his mouth. She noticed how he was desperately trying to not swallow it. She pulled a tissue out of the box and held it to his mouth when he answered.

"Hello bro!" She heard his voice answer cheerfully.

"H... Hello. Shashank? Hi! I'm a f... friend of Siddharth's." She said softly.

Sonder To Ikigai - The Freedom in Love.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें