✨Lesath✨

Lesath - a star name meaning the bite of a poisonous animal.

*****

When water goes above the head, safety calls for the one drowning to kick and come up to the surface, and sometimes the water goes above the head, and there's an anchor tied to the ankle, sinking the one drowning so low that life.. it becomes an option that is nullified. But the thing was, even the anchor, when held above the head, it could be lifted high in the water... As long as it's in the water. Then the one drowning, separates the anchor from the ankle, and rises above tempestuous stormy waters. That was just life.

He was awake. It was almost late in the evening. She was sound asleep, still in pain, just as broken, still so destroyed, but so beautifully peaceful as she rested her head on his chest. The arm that was wrapped around her, it massaged her back gently. He kissed her forehead again. He was looking for ways to be so desperately close to her and to love her so incredibly much that she'd feel so full and so together. He rubbed her cheek with the other hand.

She woke up incredibly famished again. She was so hungry, and she felt guilty, she felt awful and she felt like she didn't have it in herself to even do the basic things that would keep her alive. She twitched she in his arms.

"Hi baby." He smiled softly at her. She laid there numb. He felt the ache in his chest. She winced when he laid her back onto the bed.

"Does it hurt alot?"

"Kam hua." She mumbled.

"That's good. I'll get some food and ice packs, okay?" He said. She nodded again, her head turned to the side, and she stared at their wall. It was calming for her. She felt his arm wrap around his stomach and him hover over her from the side, he kissed her cheek, and trailed his lips friend her jawline and neck. She could tell that he was holding himself back because of her wounds, but this was the most alive she has felt in hours. He constantly pushed  the hair out of her face and kissed her face.

Her hands and her entire body... It prickled, as if there were a hundred needless being poked into her. She wanted to scream and cry because for the first time in her life, she was disgusted by her ownself for cutting her body. She didn't like it. She didn't find relief in it for the first time. She whimpered his name.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"Fo... For the first time ever... I... I feel so disgusted and so... I don't like that I cut... It's just hurting me everywhere. It'll take weeks to go away... I don't want you to look at me like that.  I want to hold you but it hurts to even move." She whispered.

"That's okay. Mere dekhne ya nahi dekhne se kya hota hai, sweetheart? I'll love you same. And so what if you can't hold me, I'll hold you enough for the both of us. I'm glad you don't want to hurt yourself anymore. You're too precious." He smiled, pressing his lips onto hers and his arm tightened around her.

"I don't want to hurt myself anymore." She mumbled, shaking her head vigorously.

"That's my baby. I won't let you anymore. I'll hold you like this forever." He said, shoving his face against hers and hugging her tighter. She twitched hearing the 'forever', her sighed and kissed her cheek.

"I'll be right back." He mumbled, letting go of her. She suddenly felt cold again. He walked out of the room, and called up Shanky. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

He scrunched his nose up as he mixed up some of his protein powder into the milk. He usually used water but she could use some extra nutrition. He tried to make kichidi, she taught him how to make some once. It obviously didn't look, taste or feel the same. He scooped up the hot mush in a spoon and tasted it, he was quite impressed with himself. It didn't taste as good as hers, but it did taste good. He put dollops of ghee into the bowl and cut up some fruit in another. When he walked back into the room, she was wincing and sighing, struggling to get out of bed.

Sonder To Ikigai - The Freedom in Love.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें