23. Wake up

After so many days of chaos, you felt a peaceful silence around you. Everything was calm, quite and blissful. It was an unknown feeling for you. There was no one to disturb you there. You were standing in between nowhere, a warm sheet of tranquility was hugging your body. It felt nice, warm and unreal.

You started walking, following the wide path ahead of you, full of grass and greenery. A bright light was leading you. You felt strange. Why everything was so quite?

Comfort was the only sense you could feel, no regrets, no guilt, no fear, anger, only comfort. Every nerve of your body was relaxed.

"Y/N, I will never leave you, I promise, never again!"

You looked back, to find no one. A familiar deep voice mixed with sorrow and guilt spoke again right by your ear "I promise!"

You scanned your surroundings, but you could not find the voice source. You frantically moved your head, but everything was blank.

"I am sorry, I left you alone there, I should have called someone, you were injured, yet I left you alone, I am....am so sorry...so sorry, I promised you to never leave your side and I meant that, but I broke the promise, forgive me Y/N, please wake up!" The voice broke down.

You could hear the voice, which was so close but far from your reach!

"Wake up!"

Wake up?

Yes, you have to wake up, it felt unreal because it was not real. You must be dreaming. You fled from that room to set yourself free, but this is not something you wanted. It was beyond peaceful but you wanted to get back to your close ones. You wanted to feel the voice.

You wanted to feel Kim Taehyung and for that you needed to wake up!

When Jin got a call from Yoongi, without any discussion further, they came rushing back to the arena. By the time they reached the venue, you were admitted to a near by hospital. As per doctors, you were in a serious condition, low blood pressure, and ligament tissue damage due to the excessive pressure on the fractured ankle. Your left wrists' skin was also torn out because of the tight cuff.

After cleaning you and medicating you, the nurses told everyone outside to wait until your sense come back. Although they were not sure when you will wake up.

Sejin was the one to admit you in the hospital. All the boys came to the hospital with mask to cover up there faces, along with Sejin because they were highly concerned about your health.

After few minutes Taehyung, Jin and Oindri also reached the hospital. Oindri haven't utter out a single word after she confessed who the driver was. Jin consoled Taehyung on the way to hospital but never looked once at Oindri.

As soon as the doctor told that any one of them can visit your cabin, Taehyung was the one to enter.

The scene of you lying on the bed unmoving broke Taehyung's heart. He immediately blamed himself. He had left you quickly in that room, because he was scared. If he stayed in that room for another moment, he would have kissed you. He had to hold his urge to feel your soft lips against his. He was scared of that kiss, because that would make it impossible for him to hold back his confession towards you what he was storing in his mind for the very first day his eyes met yours.

He fell in love with you. At the airport, he fell in love you!

He knew you loved someone else. You told him yourself that you loved Jun at the plane. But he wanted to help you after seeing you breaking down infront of him. He knew that it was impossible for him to stay just as friends with you with all the feelings. But he tried, and failed.

He went near your bed, looking at your sleeping figure, he felt an urge to hold you tight and fight with the demons who were holding you back from walking up.

He sat down on the chair beside your bed and interlinked his fingers with your fragile ones.

"Y/N, I will never leave you, I promise, never again!" He got no response from you.

A lump was forming in his throat. He held your hand with his both hands and started stroking the back of your hand with his thumb. He leaned closer to you.

"I promise!"

"I am sorry, I left you alone there, I should have called someone, you were injured, yet I left you alone, I am....am so sorry...so sorry, I promised you to never leave your side and I meant that, but I broke the promise, forgive me Y/N, please wake up!" He couldn't control himself any further as he broke down into tears.

"Wake up!"

The beeping sound of the ECG machine increased. He looked up to the machine to see your heart rate increasing.

"Y/N, are you okay? What's happening....Doctor..Doctor!" He called out screaming.

The doctor came rushing inside along with some nurses. They checked the pulse rate which was beating at a more than average speed.

"Please wait outside" the doctor order him.

But he was reluctant to leave you, let go of your hand then. He didn't want to. Not anymore.

"I need you to wait outside, please" this time the doctor requested him after seeing his hesitation.

He was about to let go of your hand but then suddenly a tight grip on his hand held him back. A farm yet tight grip, wanting him to stay there. Not wanting him to leave your side any more. It was you.

"Stay!"