Chapter 40

The two were now in the woods and away from everyone's eavesdropping and were just sat on a log in silence

The two were now in the woods and away from everyone's eavesdropping and were just sat on a log in silence. She didn't know how to even begin telling him all the information she had learned less than an hour ago. And he wasn't pushing her either sensing that this was something important for their futures. Sam wouldn't admit it but for a second he thought she was having second thoughts on getting married.

"So after you guys left this council of vampires known as the Volturi came as you know....... and I guess that they came to help with the fight but Also to check if Bella was still human." Miley said trying to read his expression but he was just confused. "And me...... if I was still human. I guess when Edward and Bella were in Italy last year they somehow found out that I knew about everything supernatural.  Edward and Alice assured them that I was going to become a vampire based off a vision Alice had." Miley couldn't even look at him after she had said it. It seemed everything in nature was quiet at that very moment. Time seemed to stop.

Miley stole a glance at him before feeling tears prick her eyes, he was looking down in such concentration at his hands. He seemed to look like ...... he failed but soon a look of fury crossed his features. "No one is gonna ever lay a hand on you- let alone take you away from me. You and I are gonna have a beautiful long and happy life together. We are gonna have a family, watch them grow together and then die of old age and nothing else." Sam said with an angry huff but also his demeanor came off as sad and upset.

"Sam I know your gonna protect me at all cost..... you and the boys plus Leah. Maybe we can talk to Billy and Carlisle figure something out they'd know any way of getting out of this." Miley said with hope making Sam nod. Maybe he was just lying to himself at the moment to believe she was safe over the other option. He knew he would die long before watching his fiancé, his best friend, his lover, and his imprint being turned into something she feared or watching her die.

In the woods that day Sam made a vow to throw down his life in hopes of saving hers. Which of course made Miley sad and try to stop him but his determination was to strong. At the end of the day she knew he would be his idiotic protective self that she loved so much and that if he planned to sacrifice himself for her he would do it with no hesitation.

——————————————————