Chapter 43

Jacob soon returned with Leah and Seth making Miley think that maybe the pack understood

Jacob soon returned with Leah and Seth making Miley think that maybe the pack understood. There was no way Sam would allow them to come here if he didn't. It made her sigh in relief, Miley made her way outside to see Leah who's nose was scrunched up in distaste. "Hey Leah..... what are you doing here? I mean I understand Jacob and Seth but you hate the Cullens." Miley asks innocently with a smile that soon fell at her face. "We left the pack Miley." Mileys world felt like it was crumbling with those few words.

"Why would you guys leave?" Miley asked her but she already had a feeling on why. "They wanna kill Bella and the baby...... I'm sorry Miley." Leah looked like it pained her to say it and Miley subconsciously began rubbing her stomach as she processed. The entire pack. Her boys. Her fiancé. The father to her child. Wanted to kill her sister and the baby she carried within her. "Who's idea was it?" Miley asked barely above a whisper but she knew..... Sam's the alpha he inforces it. "Miley-" Leah started trying to make the girl not stress with how pregnant she was. "No Leah...... Who?" Miley asked closer to a sob then her normal voice.

"Sam...... and the boys they..... most of them agree." She didn't want to tell Miley that it was Jared and Paul that agreed. Embry and Quil were just going along with it because they respect their alpha. "Who agrees?" Miley asks with tears now running down her face. Leah stayed silent. "Who agrees?!" Miley says louder and she flinched before mumbling, "Jared and Paul." Miley's entire world felt like it stopped spinning. And she looked past Leah to out in the woods, she knew they were probably there watching.

"Well um...... I'm going to go lay down." Miley said crying already but wanting to be alone. Leah went to follow but stopped not knowing if the Cullens would even want her inside. But she shook her head and breathed out her mouth as she followed Miley inside. Miley just walked to the first room she could find that had a bed. She quickly laid in the bed trying to calm her beating heart and think clearly.

"Miley Sam is only trying to keep La Push safe." Leah said sitting next to the very pregnant Swan as she laid down staring at the ceiling. "By killing my sister and her unborn child?" Miley asks in a whisper and Leah looks away as if she too agrees with Sam. "Do you agree with him?......... Then why are you here?" Miley asked bitterly as she obviously agreed with Sam yet sat there with her. "I left for Seth. But also for you Miley. I will be on your side no matter what I personally believe. That's what best friends do." She said grabbing Miley's hand and making her anger go away.

My phone began buzzing like crazy and she knew who it was. She knew what they'd try and say or do. So she did the only thing she could. She put it on silent.

Jacob soon made his way upstairs and smiled gently at Miley and nodding for Leah to go to Patrol. "Hey stranger." He said lowly obviously feeling guilty for running to Sam. "Hey." Miley said simply keeping her eyes on her bump. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have ran and told Sam." He said sadly looking at Miley to yell at him. "It's okay Jake I just...... how could he be okay with this? Killing my flesh and blood. Was he even going to tell me?" Miley asked on the verge of tears. "He ..... was going to make you believe....... that the baby killed Bella and that the Cullens died protecting it." He said uneasily knowing it was going to upset her.

"He was going to call you and tell you to come home. But now that I've gotten here that may change." He says mumbling he had let it slip Miley was here and knew everything. "He already tried..... I just shut my phone off..... I'm 8 months pregnant Jake. What if I go into labor and he's so mad he doesn't show up to the hospital. What if he cuts ties with me for choosing my sister? What if the guys hate me now?" Miley asked in pain and Jake looked ready to cry.

"Miley everything is gonna work itself out. I don't know how but I feel like it is. And your not having this baby until next month when things have calmed down." He whispered truthfully giving her the only hope she had at the moment. "Thanks Jake." Miley mumbled sleepy from today's events. "Go to sleep Miley....." he said covering her up and walking away and leaving her to sleep alone for the first time since before she moved in with Sam.

————————————————

As time went on Miley began to pale, bags under her eyes, and she wasn't as hungry as usual

As time went on Miley began to pale, bags under her eyes, and she wasn't as hungry as usual. It was the imprint bond taking its toll on her, she was falling depressed. Everyone saw it but didn't comment afraid to set off her shorter temper. Rosalie would rub her stomach and Bella's as she'd watch them. Bella was also starting to look bad, she looked sunk in and more like skeleton as each minute passed.

"If I could just see the fetus I'd know what it wants." Alice huffed angry at the unknown. "Baby Alice.... it's just a baby." Rosalie hissed at her sister. Jacob looked in thought and Edward looked to him in exasperation. "You may be right." He said making Jake snort and roll his eyes. "It was joke..." he explained but everyone looked to him for an answer.

"I said it's probably waiting to sink it's teeth into someone." Jacob retorted with a smile not seeing everyone look at each other in realization. "He's hungry" Bella whispered and everyone looked to each other. "I laid some blood aside for Bella." Carlisle said going get Bella blood to drink. Most of the vampire left the room. Miley left as well unable to stomach watching her sister drink blood. But it apparently worked which made Miley sigh in relief knowing it wasn't killing Bella as fast.

Miley would spend most of her time with Bella and Rosalie. Sometimes reading or telling stories of their childhood, but it made both woman happy. Leah would stick to the corner of the room and watch Miley intently whenever she was around the vampires. She took it as her duty to protect the girl since Sam couldn't. She'd refuse to leave until Jacob or Seth came to take her place.

Miley was grateful but also in pain by the action. It reminded her of the pack and Sam, she missed them dearly. She wondered if they were all meeting and eating at someone else's house every day, Or if they were hurting as much as she was. Miley's stomach was uncomfortable as time went on, as if the baby knew that their daddy wasn't close by to protect them. Her and the baby's yearning made her close to leaving so many times. But then she'd see Bella and stop.

For Miley Swan vowed to protect her little sister no matter what she'd lose in the process.