Chapter 3

Sam was the very first shifter to change a couple of months ago, when he  had gotten into a fight with his now ex girlfriend Leah Clearwater

Sam was the very first shifter to change a couple of months ago, when he  had gotten into a fight with his now ex girlfriend Leah Clearwater. She said he was a deadbeat just like his dad and that he would be no better than him. Sam got so angry  he starting to shake profusely and went running outside to cool off. But Leah's words kept repeating over and over again in his head as he walked over to the forest's tree line. Next thing Sam knew his body's bones begin to hurt as they began to change shape and he was exploding into a giant wolf.

Sam didn't know what to do or how to turn back and ended up in the woods for two weeks. People had begun to worry what had happened to him and one of them being Harry Clearwater. He was more of a father to Sam than his own dad Joshua Uley, a drunk man whore that had run off without a trace. One day Sam saw Harry standing where he had shifted, the older man looked around before calling Sam's name telling him he knew how to help Sam.

Sam reluctantly walked out not wanting to cause Harry a heart attack which he was known to have when shocked. But seeing the wolf he looked relieved and began explaining in the legends being true. He then told Sam to think of being human and that would turn him back. When Sam shifted back Harry grabbed a towel for him to wear since no clothes would fit Sam anymore. He took Sam home so he  could grab some clothes and then to meet the council. Which was led by Billy Black, Old Quill, and of course Harry Clearwater they began telling Sam of hbu is new purpose. To put an end to the 'cold one's' aka the vampires that tried to harm their tribes people. Then they told Sam that he had to break up with Leah who he had been dating for 3 years and was Harry's daughter. But they said Sam couldn't risk losing control especially now when he was so new at this.

As much as it hurt Sam knew he had to do it and when he did? It didn't go to well and Sam ran out of the house shifting inside the woods. But he had officially ended it though it broke poor Leah's heart he had to. Sam also became temporary Alpha until Jacob Black shifted which wouldn't be for a while. But being the only shifter was really lonely until Jared Cameron shifted and became his second in command.

After a few weeks Paul Lahote shifted causing Sam to worry because of his well known temper. Over time they all became close looking after one another like brothers. But then something strange had happened to Jared at school randomly one day when he looked into the eyes of a girl named Kim. He showed the guys through the wolf telepathy how much she meant to him just looking into her eyes for one second. It seemed strange so Sam called the council and they came over explaining imprinting.

After hearing what it was Paul instantly swore off it, and Sam kind of agreed still feeling bad what he had done to Leah. Jared however tried telling jus pack brothers how amazing it was and how much he missed her already. Which ended with Paul saying he's whipped and teasing him causing Jared to lose control. The council made sure to tell Paul and Sam that when it does happen not to reject it or else bad things could happen.

Then Billy received a call from Charlie Swan saying his youngest daughter Bella had gone missing. Much to Paul's dismay the three of them began searching the woods in their wolf forms. Sam got a scent of salty tears, and distinct smell of Bella's natural fragrance. But when he found her curled in a ball unconscious he caught another two scents lingering on her. One being leach and the other this sweet intoxicating scent that was more faint.