Chapter 51

The soon to be battlefield was eerily quiet as they waited for the Volturi to arrive

The soon to be battlefield was eerily quiet as they waited for the Volturi to arrive. Miley stood in between Jacob and Sam with Renesmee and Bella right beside them. Miley had a hand held to Sams fur as she continued to breathe almost laboriously due to her anxiety of the situation rising. Some of the oldest vampires of all time could be fighting against her loved ones .... and her.

This entire battle revolves around her and Nessie. She would feel quilty if anything were to happen to anyone even the vampires with red eyes on her team who seemed to be staring her down like statues at the moment. She hid behind Sam who growled lowly in warning at them and they slowly turned away.

It freaked Miley out to know she could look like that if she were turned but...... suddenly she thinks the Volturi might just decide to kill her instead now that the Cullens have supposedly committed the crime of an immortal child.

"No matter what I'm gonna stay with you." Miley whispered to Sam but he shook his head. In person he told her countless times if things go wrong to run into the woods or something completely unaware of Bella's plan. In that moment something across the field caught Miley's eyes making her look up to see almost a wave of a black and red move in it was the Volturi ......wearing robes.

Miley couldn't help but lowly snort which everyone heard in the silence and everyone glanced at her but she could have sworn the boys were chuckling lowly due to Sam telling them to be quiet to seem intimidating to the Volturi. But she was pleasantly surprised when she heard Garrett muttering a low "the red coats are coming, the red coats are coming." Making her smile widely before it dropped back to one of fear as the Volturi stopped walking and just stared for a moment.

There were more of them then the Cullens side. A lot more. Miley felt like her tongue was stuck to her mouth making her unable to scream or talk she felt a chill run down her spine as she felt like they were staring right at her. Carlisle walked a few steps forward, "Aro let's talk about this like we used to in a civilized manor." He spoke calmly from far away so she was unable to hear Aros response. "I can promise you that wasn't my intent, no laws were broken." Whatever the Volturi said made Edward glance at his daughter and sister in law.

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest for that. And Miley is not an issue to our kind. She deserves a long happy life. Human life. You can look, the blood that runs through her cheeks." Carlisle said which made Aro say something before holding out his hand as Edward began walking to him. As Aro grabbed his hand he looked to gaze at Nessie before his eyes went to Miley with only slight interest. Nessie had something he'd never seen.

Edward looked back and Bella began leading Jacob, Nessie and Miley forward Sam growling lowly but Bella stopped and looked to Emmett. As they approached Aro Miley stuck closest to Jacob as he was now responsible for her in Sams eyes. "Ah young Bella..... immortality comes you and your still human sister Miley. I've heard many great things about you. My name is Aro.... we had an agreement on your behalf. " Miley's throat seemed to clench and her eyes widened.