3.3- Harry

we had been dating for almost two months now, a routine built up between us. I'd pick her up in the morning for school, contemplate leaning over as she buckled her belt to kiss her cheek but settled for holding her dainty hand in mine. I'd drop off the twins just as always and Fletcher would be leaning over the seat, Rosie and him laughing over things or getting into little arguments that friends do. once at school id squeeze her hand as I went to my locker, Fletcher and her going to get her books just as every morning. I'd watch her from the corner of my eye at the way she laughed, spun the code having to stand on her toes just the slightest to see the top numbers.

we wouldn't see each other until math and she would be waiting chin in her hand, smiling at the door. we would do our work just as we always did and she would point out my mistakes and I'd point out her handwriting.

depending on what we wanted for lunch we would spend it with her friends or mine but most days we were alone. sitting in the car just talking as we eat, some days we would sit singing badly leaving us both in fits of laughter.

went didn't even end it always with kissing, we didn't need it no matter how badly I craved her just being with her was enough. and we would go to English, hand in hand, she would take her seat in front of mine and we would do our work.

fletcher walked with us to our environmental Science and she would sit with Calum. I'd be distracted watching her as she worked, distracted by her talking, laughing, or just playing attention.

you should be paying attention you're close to failing that class asshole

I ignored that little voice knowing I could use it as an excuse to spend more time with Rosie. watch her lean over our books, twirl her pen, and fuck I loved it when she knew what she was talking about.

I'd walk her to her locker, Fletcher already learning there. I'd drive her home, sometimes we even stopped for coffee and I knew she would call me later in the night, all her homework done seeing as the coffee gave her an extra boost to finish it sooner.

I loved to hear her voice over the phone, she always talked so softly as if she worried any louder and she would be heard by anyone.

we talked over nothing and everything.

for once in my life, I spoke about my mum who meant a lot to me but I never could get the words out to speak of her. no one cared to listen even if I felt I could find the words and I knew no one with who I felt comfortable enough with sharing that part of myself.

but Rosie listened in the right way, I could imagine her laying on her back in bed or sitting on her desk chair.

she felt comfortable enough to tell me about her parents, how they made her feel when they weren't around, and how when they were they believed they could force her to do what they saw fit.

I learned that even if fletcher spent most of his time there her parents didn't like him, they believed she needed girls to hang out with, particularly the people they choose.

"so I'm guessing they don't know about me?"

"They haven't been back for me to even tell them, they only ever text every once in a while to check-in,"

"but don't they own an office in the town?"

"yeah but they also are doing conventions and working at other clinics, they are going to open one in the town over and I know I won't see them still," she had been silent for a few moments, "but I don't care all they do is talk about max and his family or whos dinner party they are going to or teeth," I could almost see her shudder at the word.

I knew she didn't want to let it bother her but I also knew it bothered her a lot more than she wanted to let on.

"let me come over tomorrow," I say laying on my back, hand laying over my stomach.