3.2- Rosie

"I can't just step on the seat to get up it's going to get dirty,"

"for the last time, I'm giving you permission to step on the seat,"

"it still feels wrong," I say as harry covers his face with his free hand.

"Rosie," he sighs, "you're so stubborn,"

"I'm not stepping on the seat, you're shoes don't go there," we had been standing here, milkshakes in hand for a few minutes arguing over this little thing. he wanted to sit on top of the car. as in on the top, top and I wasn't tall enough to just pull myself up with ease. harry suggested I step on the seat then placing my foot on the top part of the same seat hoist myself up.

"I don't care if you make the car dirty it was only when fletcher put his foot on the back of the seat and left a mark,"

"what if I leave a mark? we are standing in sandy gravel,"

"Rosie I don't care if you leave a mark,"

"but-"

"Let's take your shoes off then," he says cutting me off. I look down at my converse. the oldest shoes I own and that I didn't mind getting dirty since most of the time when hanging out with the boys we play a game of soccer and you can't do that in flats.

"but..." I bite my lip embarrassment falling over me.

"but what?" he asks a smug look on his face because he was close to winning our little dispute.

"you'll see my socks..." I whisper embarrassed to even mention them and it wasn't something you were usually embarrassed about I mean they are just socks. but I only had 'childish' socks and I didn't know If I wanted harry to view me in that way.

"I don't care about your socks I just want to look at the stars with you,"

"Okay but don't laugh," and he cracks a smile and I poke at his ribs.

"I'm not laughing," he says hands up in defense, one fisting his milkshake.

harry opens the drives side door and I slide in. he takes my milkshake from me as I bend to untie my laces. I pull off my shoes and he giggles.

giggles. I was embarrassed and all in all in awe of the little sound he made. he was so cute and it only slightly overrode my embarrassment.

"you said you wouldn't laugh," I whine and he shakes his head biting his smile back.

"I did not say I wouldn't, but I can't help it you have little dinosaurs drinking tea on your socks," he laughs again and I shake my head.

"I guess we can just sit inside the car like normal people,"

"no-no, I'm not laughing anymore," but he's still smiling, dimples and all, little laugh lines along his cheeks, eyes crinkled.

he was so cute it physically hurt me. how did someone look so good feeling any emotion? doing any facial expression? I mean when I tried to contain a laugh I looked like I was holding back vomit or something and yet he looked like I could just eat him up.

I lifted myself, following his instructions that he had repeated over and over to try to convince me to put my shoes on his seat. once I was up he handed me both drinks lifting himself with ease not even having to place his feet on the seat to hoist himself.

"It's unfair how tall you are," I say passing him is my milkshake.

"It's unfair how adorable you look when embarrassed," and it only made me blush.

I couldn't believe this was happening to me. that harry styles was having a milkshake with me, complimenting me, wanting to look at the stars with me. couldn't believe it as he leaned over and kissed my cheek, lips cool against my skin set ablaze by his comments.

"do you know constellations?" I ask and he shakes his head as he sucked on his straw.

"no I assumed you did, don't you?" legs crisscrossed, knee digging into my own.

"no," I lie but he seems to know I'm being untruthful because he smiles his finger poking my thigh.

"liar,"

I sip my drink ignoring his little smile that made me feel a twist in my stomach. I loved that feeling and hated it all at once. I felt giddy and yet sick but a good sick. the feeling was all contradictory, I mean sick shouldn't feel good, I shouldn't want to feel as if I was on a tightrope walking over a dark hole and yet I loved it, I never wanted this feeling to end.

and when he leaned over placing an arm around my body bringing me closer to him until I was resting my head on his shoulder I couldn't help but feel tingly all over.

he was always so gentle with me as if id break if he touched me too roughly. every kiss so soft until I made the move to press deeper into it. every light brush of his fingertips pushing my hair behind my ear, every little peck he left was a mix of hovering lingers. I wanted more, I didn't even think I could want more. he was perfect and I wouldn't change how he treated me but every little touch made me want a million more.

our milkshakes empty and both of us on our backs just looking up, listening to the sound of each others breathing, the rustle of the wind in the trees. my ear was pressed into his side and I could hear the soft beating of his heart. he played with the end of my braid twisting the strands in his fingers with care. my hand resting over where I knew his butterfly lay under his white shirt. every once in a while he would lean his head down and kiss the top of my own, lingering for a moment before letting himself pull away.

"Harry..." his hand on my shoulder tightens saying to continue, "i-i think I'm falling in love with you too,"

!!!VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!

***i hope you like the story so far! but I want to remind you that some sensitive topics are going to be covered coming up. not soon but I just wanted to warn you if you didn't see it in the description of the fic***