2.2- Rosie

I didn't want to leave the house. my bike was fixed and I texted saying id be riding my bike to school. I would not, could not sit in the car with both harry and fletcher when I hadn't even spoken to fletcher after he found out.

but when I went to lock my door ready to take my bike Harry's car was already in the driveway. he had ignored my text message.

I was frozen to my spot at the door and fletcher leaned out the window, "come on rose I'm not going to bite,"

and as I climb in I mutter, "you still have teeth," fletcher laughs shaking my shoulders from behind.

"loosen up, rose it's fine, I'm fine, we're fine," he says sitting back in his seat as harry drives to the middle school.

I couldn't look anywhere but the windshield and it felt so familiar to when we had first seen fletcher after kissing.

"rose I swear I'm okay," fletcher says hands on my shoulders trying to calm me. "don't cry when I'm not even upset,"

"I'm not crying," I mutter but my chin was wobbling, I still felt bad, like I've done the worst thing to him.

I didn't want this hanging over my head, these feelings, as if I'd just betrayed his trust.

Harry didn't say a thing as he pulled into the lot. all of us hopped out of the car and fletcher closed his door as I put my bag on. fletcher pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. I wrapped my arms around him making fists in the sweater that he wore. "don't think I'm upset because I'm not, I understand that you have feelings and if they are for my brother I don't fucking care."

"I feel bad," I mumble words not able to be heard with my face pressed into his sweater.

"I don't care, if you want to kiss my brother that's gross but okay with me," he leans down so his face is next to my ear, I'm sure Harrys watching us and he doesn't want him to know what he's saying next. "do you like him?"

I nod squeezing him a little tighter.

"that's all I needed, if he does anything, any-fucking-thing you don't want him to do, I'll take care of it," I nod pulling away but he kept his arm around my shoulder.

harry gave me a small smile as we walked to my locker. max still wasn't back from his break from school and I could take another breath.

"I get to walk her to class fuck face you can't steal that," fletcher mutters pushing at Harry's shoulder as they both lean almost in sync on the lockers. "and no kissing and hugging and romantic shit in the morning,"

"haha, sure" harry fake laughs rolling his eyes. "are we still going out tonight?" he asks voice soft next to me.

I hadn't stopped thinking about going out tonight with harry, it was all that was on my mind. I still didn't know what to wear. I was scared out of my mind but in this strange good way. I felt giddy and yet sick all at once.

I nodded biting my lip trying not to smile. I turn with my books in my hands, closing the locker door. the bell ringing for us to get to class. "see you in math Rosie," harry smiles but it's subtle and I can't help thinking it's only for me.

harry turned walking to his next class and fletcher pinched my arm.

"you really do like him," he says eyes wide, a smile breaching insanity on his face.

"shut up," and I turn to head to my class with a smile on my face, fletcher laughing behind me.

"what are you doing tonight?" he asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"he wants to take me out..."

"I'd never thought I'd see the fucking day, my fucking brother an asshole to anyone and my hermit best friend going on a date," I push at his shoulder.

"I don't what to talk about it," I still couldn't really stomach the idea of fletcher knowing, and yet he did I mean he was standing here now being cooler with it than I thought he would and I still felt guilty about it.

"Okay...but I still get you for lunch if the fucker wants to take that away from me then we have beef,"

"We haven't even talked about things like that, we're not even dating I don't even know if he wants that kind of thing or if I even know how to girlfriend if he wanted me to be his girlfriend," my sentence not making any sense to myself.

"don't worry rose I'm sure it will all fall-"

"I hate when you give proverbs," and he only smiles shrugging his shoulders.

he leaves for my classes and when math class rolled around I was excited to see Harry come in. dressed in his usual outfit of matching blacks. he came in and as he came closer to where I sat he smiled dimple showing as he slid into his seat.

he pulled out his notebook flipping to a new page as I doodled a picture on the edge of my paper.

"I can't wrap around how you get me to fucking smile so often," he mutters writing the date on his blank page.

"I like it when you smile," I whisper not having enough confidence to look at him when I said it.

"I like it when you smile," he says back as the teacher closes the door and begins the class.

I still couldn't get over the way he made my heart flutter, made heat rush all over me, and yet sent goosebumps all over my skin with one little smile. I wanted to bottle that feeling, keep it with me forever even if I knew too much and I might combust. I wanted this feeling he gave me to last forever. I knew it wasn't something anyone else could make me feel, only harry. 

i finally found the rest of this chapter hidden away, sorry for anyone who had to read it only half way ;-; 

-c