1.8- Rosie

I had woken up in harry styles bed and I didn't know how to feel about it.

I knew girls always said that they felt some fluttering in their stomach or the whole blushing thing but I didn't know it would feel like this. the head rush of it all, the best sleep in my life wrapped up warm.

he smelled so so good, and when I woke up my face pressed into his neck smelling so heavenly. I wanted to kiss the little freckles on his skin.

and finally kissing him, finally knowing I wanted whatever it was he was offering to me even the smallest bit of him I was thankful.

and when he picked me up after id gotten dressed our silence was different. calmer as if we weren't as nervous to be around each other.

the twins climbing out of the car and almost the second the door closed behind nick his hand was in mine.

"you dont mind do you? if you do ill sto-"

"I dont mind, I like it," I say smile on my face that I tried hard to hide behind biting my lip.

he was holding my hand. and I loved it.

I didn't know how school would go, I assumed he didn't want to be seen with me at all.

fletcher had called me this morning saying he and the boys wouldnt be coming to school at all, that they wanted to take the day off after spending all night together. so when we got out of the car I assumed id be spending the day alone.

but harry didn't leave my side as I walked to my locker. I even watched as his friends standing in their usual spots followed us with their eyes. max wasn't at my locker and I assumed he was too hungover to come in at all today.

I was shocked as he leaned next to me where usually fletcher would stand on his phone. but harry watched as I spun my combination hands shoved into his pockets.

I jumped when he was suddenly shoved in the shoulder but he only let out a light laugh no smile following, "fuck you, Niall," he muttered lightly shoving Niall back.

"you missed the best fucking party,"

"I fucking dought that shit, max fucking Arnold and his little group dont know how to even hold their fucking liquor it makes it boring." harry replied shaking his hair out.

I didn't even know what to do, I felt awkward seeing as I didn't know Niall, I mean I had a lab with him once freshman year and he was nice and all but he was also a slacker. and then more of his friends came overseeing as two of them were in a different place.

Niall, Louis, Liam, and the corresponding girlfriends all stood around harry and i.

I didn't even know where to look beside the insides of my locker before Niall spoke up, "you're Rosie onings right sorry bout last night I saw what happened,"

nodded not knowing what to say to that, I felt even worst and out of my skin standing there with people I knew for a fact wouldnt like me one bit. mean Cece's eyes scanned me up and down a twisted confused look on her face. Liam's face squinted trying to place my face it seemed and Louis snapped his fingers, "yeah yeah that looked like it fucking sucked I've had one of his fucking baseball friends do that and I had a bruise,"

"yeah," I nodded rubbing over the one growing in a thin purple line over my heart and Harry's eyes set angrily.

"a bruise? wait did he throw his fucking cup at you?" he leaned up a bit.

"you'd know if you had made it, zayn was fuckign pissed that max did that, you know how he gets and pushed him in the fucking pool," Liam snickered.

I didn't think anyone cared max had thrown his cup at me, I didn't think anyone outside the circle they had made around me knew.

the bell rang making the group start to dissipate. harry the only one left as I closed my locker finally looking him full on.

"im sorry about them," he says walking me to my first class.

"you know you dont have to walk me, or stand by my locker, or be seen with me if you dont want to-"

"I dont think I care what others think," he states taking my books from my hands to carry for me.

but my mind went to fletcher, I didn't know what we were what was going on with me and harry and so I didn't know what to tell him. I like harry a lot, I wanted something if anything with him and yet I didn't know about how harry felt.

"what are we?" the words falling out not even coated in shyness as he stopped dead in his tracks looking at me with wide round green eyes. I felt like I had just pushed it.

"well I dont know," he whispers face set in worry.

"I dont know," I say finger pointing at myself.

I felt like a child then, my heart racing waiting for an answer. I didn't even know what I wanted from him. did I want him to be my boyfriend? did her even want that?

did I even know how to be a girlfriend if he wanted that? I dont think I know how to do that. I mean I liked him yeah but did I like like him.

rosaline mary onings get it together you're acting like a child of course you like like him.

like like was such a childish way of saying it but I was basically a child in the realm of relationships. I knew nothing but what I was feeling, and if liking someone enough to make them your boyfriend consisted of all these fluttering feelings then, of course, I wanted him as my boyfriend. but I knew I wasn't any good at being a girlfriend and even I if hadn't done it before I knew it would go bad, that I would do bad.

but I didn't want to hurt Fletcher, didn't want to lose him as a friend, my best friend, only friend. tonight he would come over and I would try and not think about harry at all, try to think about just fletcher and I spending time together.

I dont think I was ready for a boyfriend anyway, I mean I had been saying that for years it's why I didn't even care about what boys did or if I wanted to even like them.

we fell into silence and he looked at me swallowing hard, "I like you, Rosie,"

"I like you too harry," and I moved to him taking my books in my hands. "ill see you in math,"

!!!VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!