4.4-Rosie

6 days before

I woke up to the smell of breakfast. unusual when I had gone to bed as the only one in the house.

I got ready for school and made my way down to see my parents laughing over a pot of coffee.

"oh! you're up," my mom states standing up holding her arms closer to her body in excitement. "guess what,"

"what?" I asked not knowing what was happening as she waved to my dad who held up a stack of letters.

I felt my stomach drop looking at how excited both of them were looking at me looking at those letters. it had been months ago before I had even started talking to harry when they had filled out my applications. I had sucked it up then just writing the essays, answering the questions. I hadn't cared what I was going to do with the rest of my life. I'd go with whatever they told me to do, I wanted to make them happy, wanted them to look at me the way they looked at max or even their job. if becoming a doctor was how I would be able to do it, I was willing.

but things had changed now.

harry and I had talked a lot about what we liked to do and what we wanted to do in our future. Through these talks, harry had convinced me that I shouldn't try to please others. I knew he was right, knew I shouldn't feed into wanting them to like me because I knew whatever I did wouldn't be enough for them.

for months now I had told them that I didn't get any news back from the schools we had applied to and yet it was a lie, I had the emails with the decisions but I couldn't bring myself to tell them or to open them myself. but now they had been mailed here. right into their hands.

"well," my mom smiled white teeth on display.

"go on open them before you go," my dad smiled standing as he passed me the envelopes.

"cant we wait till dinner?" I asked feeling my phone buzz in my hand, knowing that was fletchers daily text that they have just turned down my street. "I have to get to school, I have a math quiz today and want to study," I lied but my mom shook her head.

"no they took so long to get back I'm sure you must be so excited!"

"I'm sure she's nervous even if she for sure gotten in," my dad says taking the letters from me. "go to school, study, we can open them at dinner,"

"thank you," I said but it only made my stomach twist, "I'll be around for dinner to open them,"

I almost run to the car even if I had evaded the situation I wouldn't be able to avoid it for long.

"good morning," Fletcher sing songs.

"morning," I mutter buckling my seatbelt.

fletcher pushed at my shoulder with his finger already knowing something must be up. "sup-buttercup?"

"my parents came back and were having dinner tonight," I say brushing my dress so it's smoothed against my legs.

harry dropped his arm over the center console and I placed my hand in his. harry always made me instantly happy even without doing anything really. I didn't want to tell him why I was really worried about going back home tonight. I was worried about how our relationship would be when we graduated.

I was sure we would be fine but I also knew that we never spoke about it and probably should.

harry had already been accepted into his top college and his family had a little celebration dinner months ago. I remember being there and how harry was uncomfortable talking about it. I knew harry was put off about it because he wanted to share all of it with his mom.