5.1- Harry

for the first time in a long while I went to a party and I got drunk. 

I had been invited and brought it up to Rosie when I dropped her off at her house yesterday. "you won the upset if I go?"

"why would I be upset? they are your friends, have fun," 

but the party was boring and the only fun thing to distract myself with was drinking. I could hold it well enough and I could never resist zayn when he passed me cup after cup of whatever he made because it always tasted the best. 

the drinking had made me have fits of laughter over the smallest things, Niall losing against Liam in a game of beer pong, Louis spilling his drink all over himself. but I felt off even if loose from the alcohol I felt as if something was missing. 

I think it was rosies laugh next to mine, I realized most of the time I did laugh she was next to me laughing along. 

so I drunkenly called her and for once she didn't answer. 

it instantly washed away any giggly feeling I was feeling and from there the night was dull. I drank but no laugh came, I watched the party but didn't include myself. well, I never included myself before but now more so seeing as it was so fucking boring unless you were truly shitfaced. and I was getting closer with each intake. 

that was until my phone rang. 

the sound had startled me because I was about to call Fletcher to come to pick me up seeing as I wouldn't be able to drive myself back home and I sure as hell didn't want to walk even it was this cold outside. 

"I need you to pick m-"

"rosies in the hospital," Fletcher cut me off. 

I felt my stomach fall straight to my feet, I almost instantly started to go for my keys but Niall had taken them from me even if he knew I wouldn't even try driving but now I was a little pissed about it. "wh-what happened?" 

the stutter was unexpected but I felt my body shaking from the cold and from a slight tremor of fear racing through my body. I didn't want her to ever be hurt and hospital hurt was defiantly more than just hurt a little bit. 

"Are you fucking drunk?" he asked a hiss in his voice. 

"what happened it doesn't matter if I'm a little o-"

"whose house are you at? ill pick you up,"

"you're not staying with her?" 

"no she doesn't want to see anyone, she told me to leave but i- I can't just leave her and I thought you should know," 

"What happened why wouldn't she want-"

"ill pick you up and take you home," 

"no now you told me and I need to go see her, what happened?"

"she doesn't want to see anyone and I'm sure it's best to get you home first. I need to clear my head and you need to sober up so you can think straight,"

"I'm thinking perfectly fucking straight you're the one who is avoiding everything. what the fuck happened to Rosie?"

"ill pick you up text me the address," and it was all he said before he hung up on me. 

I wanted to strangle him for not telling me what had happened. all I could do was text him the address and try and calm myself down. the alcohol making me a bit more irritable than usual and that wasn't saying a lot seeing as I was usually easy to tick off. and Fletcher pulled up soon enough and I couldn't see him in the dark lights from the dash. 

"what-"

"Just get in," his voice wavering as he brushed a hand over his face. 

I climbed into the car and he drove off without the chance for me to even buckle my seatbelt. I felt my heart rate increase as I noticed Fletcher had been crying. he was wearing his glasses and he never did, the last time when his girlfriend cheated on him with max. he looked like had had then, eyes red-rimmed and nose a matching color. he rubbed at his nose and I assumed it was sore. his knuckled was bruised and not from the fight he had had with max a little while ago. 

"I went over with the intention of surprising her, I got her a noncaffeinated coffee even if I knew she would tell the difference, it was the gesture that counted not the thing itself. also, a scone because you know how she is and-" he bit his lip hard, eyes never leaving the road. 

"and what?" I didn't understand as to why he didn't just spit it out, tell me what had happened to Rosie, explained to me why we weren't going straight to the hospital with her now. 

"max was leaving and I watched him get into his car and he fucking smiled at me," his grip on the wheel tightened. 

"fletch-"

"no, let me continue. I went in and they were drunk all talking about who the fuck knows and I asked where Rosie was. her mother said that she wasn't feeling well and was in her room. I was surprised she didn't tell me to leave seeing as she hadn't wanted me there anyway." 

he turned onto our street, silent as he parked. he shut off the car and sat for a moment. 

I was scared shitless over what was coming. I knew it would be bad, and for the life of me, I couldn't find words to tell him to continue, tell him to take me to her right then. 

"I punched her dad in the hospital waiting room," he admitted sitting back. he chuckled, "think I finally broke someone's nose," 

"Why did you-"

"because he didn't let me come to the stupid dinner, it only made me angrier when they let me in so easily after the fact."

"but what happened-"

"she was messed up really bad," a sob broke from him and I felt my body grow cold, a sickening feeling washing over me as I sat there balling my fists trying to keep myself from vomiting. 

"is she o-"

"she's breathing and awake," he says but he shakes his head tears falling now and he hunched over the wheel trying to block the sight from me. 

I sat frozen watching fletcher break down, scared and not being able to understand because I didn't know what had happened, didn't know what was happening right now. I was watching my brother cry, watching him sob as if she had died right in front of him. and I was scared, scared shitless over not knowing, of how bad it had affected him and how I knew it would soon affect me. 

 "Fletcher just tell me," 

"I didn't know what to fucking do," he stammered sitting up waving his arms, tears still coming down. "she wasn't moving and and she-" another sob took over and I unbuckled my seat belt leaning over and wrapping him up in my arms. 

"fletcher please tell me before I make up something worst in my mind," but he didn't respond only shook in my arms. tears dampening my shirt as he cried, hands making fists against my back shaking. 

he soon pulled away wiping at his face apologizing, "I just, I couldn't cry with her there, couldn't let them see me crying. they didn't even cry when I carried her down, but I guess they didn't see her how I had found her they had only seen her with her blanket wrapped around her-"

"Fletcher-"

"Promise me you won't make it worst, the last thing I want is for you to fuck things up shes been through enough and they already sent the police to max's-"

"tell me what the fuck happened," the words felt disgusting in my mouth as I said them. 

and as the words left fletchers mouth I couldn't see anything but white spots, felt my body move faster than my mind. fletcher yelling at me as I got out of the car, as I left the door open and ran.

I was drunk but didn't stumble, drunk and yet my mind was alight with fury, worry. but it didn't slow me as I ran all the way to the hospital. 

!!!VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!