2.9- Harry

fletchers birthday was as normal as every year.

Karen made a cake that she decorated with blue frosting because it was fletchers favorite color. the twins fought over who got to light the candles, fletcher looked unamused as we all sang around him. we ate at around watching a movie and then we were done for the night.

I lay in bed listening to fletcher play video games through the wall. messing with my phone debating whether to call Rosie, to see what she's up to. but she seemed off with me recently and I was scared I had done something wrong.

and it wasn't as if she was verbally saying something was wrong she just we distant, almost as silent as she was when I first sat down in math next to her. as if we rewound time just a bit.

I didn't want to make it worst by saying anything.

but it kept me up, tossing, and in the morning I had slight dark circles.

fletcher pinching me in the arm when I came down, "were going to be late because you slept in asshole,"

but I ignored him as I got in the car, as he put in the address to Ashton's house.

my palms were sweaty, I didn't want to spend the evening around them having fun, I wanted to see Rosie. I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. she made me feel whole it seemed, I didn't know I could feel happy. I was giddy to see her.

walking up to the door, I wasn't prepared for how they whipped the door open.

it was a continuous stream of laughing and shouting. the boys throwing confetti made out of old school work and Rosie stood in the center holding up a birthday cake with a mess of decoration frosting on top you can tell who did what based on what color they used. rosies sloppy cursive translating perfectly on the cake in red.

they were already in their swimsuits, dry but ready to go.

"happy birthday!" she shouted as the boys started to sing out obnoxiously.

it all happened so fast, fletcher laughing as he playfully punched Calum in the arm. he pulled Rosie into a weird neck hug pulling away and taking the cake from her.

"who spelled fuck wrong on the cake?" he laughed as they moved into the house.

I stood awkwardly in the doorway Rosie looking back at me with a smile. she crossed her arms shyly over her body and I hadnt ever realized she was also ready to go into the pool.

she didn't seem embarrassed being around the others in her bathing suit, probably because she had done this a million times, having a little pool git together.

I forgot she even had a body, that girl's bodies existed as something that I liked. I hadnt even thought about that seeing as for the first time in my life I wasn't paying attention to what my dick wanted but what really mattered.

Rosie was beautiful.

her hair was braided down her back in one thick dark twist. cheeks red from laugher or embarrassment. she held her elbows, arms crossed, trying to hide.

"hi," I say waving awkwardly.

"hi," she said back voice shy, small hand waving back slightly. "are you really going to swim?"

"It's a party based around a pool right?" I laugh and she nods smiling.

"I guess I just never saw you as the swimming type," shrugging her shoulders.

she was so fucking cute, that little side smile she did, her dimple on her cheek showing as she swayed side to side not knowing what to do with herself. who knew that your body could be physically weak with affection? the only way to describe it was melting, I was melting physically and mentally I wanted to just look at her and hold her, hear that little giggle she did or her bubbling laugh that escaped her unexpectedly without her permission.

fuck I loved that laugh. I kept replaying that moment in my head from when she had laughed into my mouth, I wanted to capture that feeling, hold onto it forever.

"I swim, I used to take the twins out to the pool over the summer when they actually liked going to swim," I say taking a step closer inside the door so we could close it.

she nodded pushing a short piece of hair behind her ear that couldn't be held back. "you're so nice to them," she says turning slightly at the call of her name.

and it wasn't as if I wasn't paying attention to her, I wasn't keeping my eyes locked on everything but her face no, I was being respectful I mean she was already embarrassed and I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

and before she could turn fully I said her name softly, her head flickering back to look at me a bit of confusion on her face. "I'm glad I can spend the day with you,"

she bit the inside of her cheek trying to hold back a small smile. "I'm glad I can spend the day with you,"

I step closer holding a hand out, I didn't want to touch her to make her feel as if I wanted to be grabby. she placed a hand in mine letting her arms drop from around her.

pulling her closer to me I cup one of her cheeks. she leans into me, looking up at me with those heavenly brown eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" thumb brushing her cheek, over the bridge of freckles she had aligned there under her eye. she blinked, slowly before nodding.

I leaned down not letting our lips touch, just hovering savoring the feel of her staggering breath, fluttering lashes, squeeze of her fingers in mine. she bumped her nose against mine so light a touch but sending a welcomed chill up my spine.

the kiss was soft, over almost too fast, so slow as we pulled away. we always did this, too gentle almost nonexistent and yet it was everything.

I kissed her longer this time, she stepped closer to me until she was pressed to my body, a hand pressed to the flat of my stomach. she pulled away eyes closed, teeth lightly grazing her bottom lip.

I couldn't reside kissing her jaw a small peck that made her smile.

"they're going to play ball in the pool maybe you can steal me a win for once," she says and I laugh kissing her on the edge of her mouth.

"Why are you too small to make a goal?"

"Exactly and I always get Michael as my partner and he doesn't care for winning like I do,"

"then ill make sure to win for you,"

"We have to be a team," she says poking me in my ribs.

"fine fine ill lift you up to make a goal then,"

"that's cheating they don't-"

"hey if we win we win no questions asked on how it was won," I say as we start moving, her backward as I guide her.

"I guess," she laughs turning in my arms to show me the way to the backyard.

!!!VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!