0.8- Rosie

the ride to school was less than eventful. 

fletcher in the back complaining over and over about how the sun shouldn't rise so harshly and harry cursing at the slight traffic around the middle school. he dropped off their twin brothers in the line around the school, more complaints as we waited in the line of parents dropping off their own kids. 

Harry was dressed in his usual attire or black jeans and brown boots, but today he had on a white shirt and I showed that he had more tattoos than that on his arms. the thin fabric outlining some hidden on his chest and abdomen. I had to pull my eyes away not wanting to get caught as I buckled my seat belt. 

"every fucking morning, they can walk for all I care this shit drives me mad." fletcher says body slumped in the back seat, hands over his eyes. the boys had left in an argument much like the ones I seen harry and fletcher have. 

"you're such a baby," I mutter, and harry laughs beside me the sound giving off more than what he usually did. it made me smile knowing id said something a bit funny enough to pull a reaction  from him. 

"Rosie if im a baby you're...and infant, smaller than baby, fetus! the complaining coming from you-" fltcher says finger digging into my sholder from behind me. 

fletcher was the one who complained more than anyone I knew. I tried not to complain about most things but since fletcher was my best and only friend I had to let all of my thoughts out to someone. 

"I do not complain," I say hand over chest as I look over my seat to him. it was a joke if only slightly a lie seeing as I really didn't complain much but it did happen. 

"oh my parents, the science quiz, Ashton's attitude," he says trying to mimic my voice. he's doing a very poor job of it and once again I laugh at his teasing. 

"I do not complain often." I remark and harry pipes up. 

"they science quizzes are hard as fuck id like to see you take one." harry says looking both ways before turning onto the street leading to the school. 

"and Ashton does it just to get under my skin," I say arms crossed nose held high as fletcher's finger goes back into my shoulder. 

"see the complaining!" 

"I stated a fact that's not a complaint," 

"the tall curly-haired one?" harry asks and I nod, "the fuckers annoying as fuck, his whole 'if your so smart you should know that'- gets under my fucking skin." 

"Ashton is great you just make him mad when you use all your smart talk, that goes for both of you." fletcher leans over my shoulder showing me his phone. on it a photo of Ashton with luke in a headlock. "I think he likes you." 

I push him away, "what are you in sixth grade?" 

"I could set you up." he sings songs and I feel him rest his feet on the seat im sitting in. 

I liked Ashton enough to be friendly with and yeah he was extremely cute but dating was not in my cards. 

I scrunch my face up and I can feel Harry's eyes on me, someone honks from behind him, the light had turned green. "no thank you, im busy with other things." I say fiddling with the book in my hands. 

"max would probably leave you alone if you got a boyfriend." fletcher comments showing me his phone again, this time of a cat eating corn. 

harry scoffs at this remark as he pulls into a parking spot. "if you need me to tell him to leave you alone I sure can." he turns off the car as fletcher laughs at this. "harry caring for someone else?"