0.6- Rosie

I was late for my class. my bike getting a flat tire on the way over to the school. as it popped I lost control of the bike landing hard against the sidewalk scraping up my right leg and arm. I had that ugly scrape looking wound all over and they stung as I walked into class.

I spent most of the day annoyed as I went, seeing as fletcher had called in sick for no good reason except he wanted to stay home.

I forgot my notebook in my locker and I didn't want to ask to go out and get it. so when harry sat down next to me, flipping the pages in the notebook to a clean one I asked him for a sheet of paper.

he was caught off guard lost in his own train of thought. "uh yeah hold on." he leaned over to his bag pulling one out for me.

when he went to hand it to me he held it back looking at my cut up arm. "what happened?"

"I fell off my bike it got a flat and I snagged on something not that bad," I say as he passes me the paper. "thank you."

class starts and I start flipping my pencil in my hand. spinning it as I pay attention to our notes.

"it's raining." harry states as we begin our separate work.

"it is?" I ask looking to the windows lining the left wall and sure enough, it was pouring outside. "well great." I whisper angrily working on our equations.

"ill take you home." harry says busying himself with his work.

"no, I can walk-"

"you're not walking in the fucking rain, all cut up with a broken bike," he states then looking at my paper, "how the fuck did you get fifty-five?"

"you have to divide then factor it you cant just factor it," I say pointing to his mistake.

he huffed as he erased his work fixing his problem. "im still taking you home, even if the rain is clear I can take you, it's on the way anyhow."

"you don't have to my legs work fine-"

"ill feel like an ass knowing you're walking all messed up with a broken bike in the fucking rain for crying out loud," he says flipping his paper over to start on the back.

I was already half almost done only three questions more. "thank you." I say and he nods.

"don't even mention it." and he passes his paper over to me.

this was something we did after we finished our papers since that first day he had come in. on the second when he passed his paper to me without a word I was almost in shock but we exchanged few words, today's conversation the longest we had had in a while.

"These two are wrong," I whisper pointing at them.

"how do you know you're not wrong?" he asks erasing his problems without even thinking twice.

"because I can see where you messed up."

he huffs a laugh, showing me his work again. "well once you mess up ill be sure to show you how it's done."

"Yeah, and when I mess one your whole paper will be completely wrong," I mutter not knowing what came over me to say it seeing as he was one of the supposed meanest people in the whole school. fletcher told me harry was caring when he wanted to be but with a mix of curse words and mean looks it didn't exactly make him any saint. but harry hadn't been mean to me. I'd seen him be angry with others, physical even but never when someone hadn't done something like key his care or break fletchers nose. fletcher said he cared more about his family than people believed. loading the car full of their stepmoms things and the twins' stuff. but now harry just shook his head chuckle caught in his throat.