2.6- Rosie

I didn't know what I was feeling.

some mix of happiness and fear. I couldnt believe this was actually happening to me. never in all my life would I have thought I'd be here kissing harry styles moments after agreeing to be his girlfriend. I was truly having one hell of a dream at the moment and I didn't want to wake up from it.

we spent the rest of our little date on the couch in the upper level of the bookstore. buttercup in Harry's lap napping as I read aloud a book we mutually agreed on. we sat knees touching as I got embarrassed over any stuttered words I let slip.

"I love the sound of your voice," Harry muttered, voice low as he smoothed the fur on buttercups back.

it made me blush and he didn't even look at me when the words came out of his mouth.

he took me home, walking me to the door with his hand in mine, warm, calloused, and everything to me at that moment.

"so I'll pick you up tomorrow for school," he says cast in the golden glow of the porch light. he looks so good now brown hair outlines in honey color, features set smooth, a smile glimpsing his face.

"Okay," I whisper both of us dragging on the night, not ready for it to end. we hadnt even done much and yet I haven't been this happy in a while.

"can we go out again this weekend?" he asks picking up my other hand interlocking our fingers.

"It's fletchers birthday this weekend," I remind him.

every year for fletchers birthday he takes his actual birthday to spend with his family then the next day is spent at a pool party over at Luke's house. this year his birthday falls on a Saturday and then the pool party will be on that Sunday, this year they were making it an all-day thing.

"oh fuck you're right," Harry muttered pinching his face into a frown.

"We can have lunch," I suggest and he nods a smile breaking free again.

I can't believe there was a time when he didn't smile so often, I wonder what changed, what made him that way in the first place.

"maybe I can get invited to that exclusive pool party,"

"oh yeah so exclusive Calum brings the kids he babysits and Ashton his siblings,"

"I was never invited," he says a slight laugh following.

"I mean it never seemed like you wanted to go and I know the boys are kinda scared of you,"

"were you ever scared of me?" he asks the question heavy as it fell between us.

I knew that id never felt any true fear when around harry, not even when I had seen him get angry in the halls, in middle school id once seen him push a table over knocking down a science project. I remember the way he had balled his fists as he cursed at Nathan Acker. I hadnt been scared then only a little confused as to what would make someone so angry. even after fletcher told me what happened with max Arnold and how harry had inflicted the same amount of pain he had given fletcher. I had silently thanked harry then for doing what I couldnt have.

I wasn't one for violence I mean I'd never been in a fight or agreed fighting was the way to solve problems. but when I watched max Arnold slam the locker door on fletcher fingers I remember screaming out. I remembered how max's friends held me back as max beat on fletcher. how john romos put his dirty hand over my mouth as I cried. id never wanted to hurt someone so bad, watching max hurt the only good thing in my life, watching him and not knowing when it would end. I had craved violence then only because I knew it was the only thing that would stop the beating.

and I knew how afraid of max I was then, knew I was a hypocrite for wanting to inflict the same pain on him, for praising harry for doing the exact same thing to max as payback. but I wasn't afraid of harry when I learned what he had done, wasn't afraid to pass hi in the halls, not like I was when john passed me, all I could think about were his sweaty hands, one locked tight on my forearm the other over my mouth to keep me silent.

so I answered honestly, "never,"

"I don't know if I believe you all the way," he mutters. I didn't know what was written over his face. those emotions all flipping fast before he continued. "I don't ever want to scare you and I'm so sorry if I ever have,"

"harry I know you won't hurt me if I thought you would hurt me I would never be standing here right now. I wouldn't let you hold my hands, drive me to school, sleep next to you. so I have no reason to be scared of you."

"well as long as im not scaring you, I like to know that im scaring what's his face the one who always says the stupid smart comments, Austin-"

"Ashton," I correct giggling at him as he nods.

"yeah Ashton and whoever fletcher tried to set you up with," he pulled me closer so that we were chest to chest. the temperature had dropped slightly and his body was radiating so much more heat than mine was.

he let go of one of my hands brushing my cheek with the pad of his thumb. he was always handling me so delicately as if I was to break if he touched me any other way but with light brushes and hovering hands.

"wait so you'll be at the pool party?" he asks pulling away from me slightly to ask the question.

"all day Sunday," I nod.

"you swim in the pool?"

"It's a pool party," I say confused and he nods thinking it over but it only made me more confused because there was nothing to think over.

"you wear a swimsuit?"

"did you imagine I swim in this," I ask looking down at my clothes and he chuckles, "I dont know what I was thinking before,"

"so lunch at ladies?" I ask and he nods.

"were sitting with fletcher and them right?" I nod, he brushes my cheek again.

"Well, then I guess I'll see you tomorrow...and Sunday,"

"did you just self invite?"

"no you invited me, im your plus one, also it's my brother's birthday so that means im already invited its implied in brotherhood," and I can't help but laugh.

"sure see if fletcher lets you,"

"just put in a good word for me,"

"I'll try but he loves a negative bias,"

"just pepper in the fact that im your boyfriend now im sure ill get the green light,"

heat rises on my cheeks, I still can't wrap that thought around my head, I have a boyfriend, im someone's girlfriend. and I liked it even if it had only been a couple of hours since I was handed the title.

he leans his head down, forehead to forehead, "can I kiss you?"

"you dont have to ask me," I state looking up into his eyes as he chuckled. I could feel the vibration of the laugh against my body.

"im going to keep asking till you're sick of me," he mutters finally pulling me into a kiss.

!!!VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!