5.4- Harry

tw for description of bodily harm 

I had also punched her father as I walked out.

he had been very shocked seeing as I don't think he was expecting Fletcher to punch him and getting hit twice in the same day by two boys he hardly knew was quite new to the agenda. 

but it hadn't made me feel any better. 

I stumbled on the way back home, not bothering with my ringing phone. not thinking about anything but how she looked. how she had seemed so fucking broken, so different from the person I had seen that morning. 

when I reached home I had broken down, slipped to my knees not knowing what was overcoming my body. hands hot again the cool concrete in the driveway, I felt the tears come rushing out. 

I didn't know a person could cry so much, cry until they were choking on their own sobs, drown in their own tears. I felt as if my chest was caving in on itself as I was on my knees there washed in the driveway's yellow light. 

I hadn't even heard the front door open, didn't notice Fletcher until he was wrapping me in his arms. both of us hunched in the driveway, his body wrapped around mine as if trying to piece me back together. 

I don't remember making it into the house, don't remember sleeping. I woke up in my bed, still dressed in my clothes from last night, my shoes pulled off and placed neatly by the door. I looked for my phone that had been plugged in on my nightstand. 

I got up, my body hurting all over. I was dehydrated and didn't feel as if I had been sleeping. I knew I had been shaking most of the time seeing as my body was in so much pain as if I had been laying out in the old for too long. but now I sat up, head killing me. 

"Promise me you won't do some stupid shit," 

my father scared me, I hadn't noticed him leaning against the doorframe of my room. 

"what?" I asked knowing what he was talking about and yet not wanting to please him. the anger from last night was starting to come back, the pain although not laced with tears now. 

"dont do something stupid, I dont need to have to get you out of jail or some shit, and no more drinking I've told you too many times, and now is not the time to drink your life away," 

I rolled my eyes not looking at him. I'm not going to do anything stupid," but it was a lie I didn't know what I would do, didn't know what my next move was. Rosie had told me to leave and I dont think she would want me back again. 

"dr. Richardson called me saying both you and Fletcher hit dr. onings," 

I shrugged, the hit hadn't helped me and I didn't think it helped Fletcher. he had also cried, broken down and I'd held him just as he held me. 

"I'm sorry that happened to your girlfriend but you shouldn't get fucked up now if anything you should try and be there for her with a sober mind," 

"as if you even understand-"

"I dont ill be honest but I want you to know that this is not the time to be acting like this happened to you, it didn't, dont make it about you because it's not, it's about her. so if you say you love her then pick yourself up and try and be there for her,"

"she doesn't want me there," I confess, the image of her hunched in the bed crying overtaking me, it hurt like a fucking stab to the heart. the sounds of her sobs so fresh in my ears. 

"then be ready for when she wants you there, dont spend this time being in a similar state, take this time and build yourself up to be prepared. dr.Richardson said that she's going home today and that she will need time to heal and it won't be soon. physically and mentally," 

I think over to how she had looked then, legs not moving still, bruises still fresh, it would take a while for them to turn yellow, probably longer or her stitches to come out, for the bandages to come off. 

fletcher had said max had fucking left bite marks all over her, some bloody and some bruised. that her whole neck had been swollen in the imprint of his hand, that her clothes had been ripped, he'd found her there laying in the bed, that a clump of her hair had been there scattered around, and she had been crying silent tears not able to move. that he'd wrapped her up in her comforter and carried her downstairs. 

he said he had been crying and yelling at the people downstairs, how they had called the ambulance, and rosies parents hadn't even looked at her. 

how it had been hours until she could finally speak, until she had mustered up enough strength to tell them to leave her alone, to not go into the room, that she didn't want to be touched. 

I tried to push those images away. 

I wasn't there for her, I wasn't there to take care of her, protect her. 

if I had only been the-

dont get caught up in that. 

"Promise you won't do anything stupid," my father asked, arms crossed, "if not for me then for her, being violent isn't going to make her want you more, its probably going to push her away even more," 

"I know," 

"The kid had already been taken in anyways so dont even think about him anymore," 

I huffed thinking about it, whatever they were going to do to him wasn't enough but I had to keep that pushed to the back of my mind. I couldn't do anything to hurt Rosie anymore. 

!!!VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE!!!

only a couple more chapters till its over ;-; thanks for reading :))))