"As adorable as those are are, I'm still not gonna tell you. You are a Baby Einstein who everyone likes. You're gonna get surgeries either way." The girl frowned slightly at the words but quickly got her smile back.

——

Later that day, Meredith, George and Helena walked down the hospital hallway.

"There need to be some rules." The boy complained.

"So, what, we can walk around in our underwear in alternate Tuesdays? Or you can see bras but no panties? Or are we talking Amish rules?" Meredith asked sarcastically.

"Cause if you think you'll get Izzie to cover herself up..." Helena added.

"The amount of flesh exposed is not the point. You have to do something, it's your house."

"It's my mother's house. Do you like Izzie, is that what this is about? Do you have a crush on Izzie?" The blond questioned.

"Izzie?! No, Izzie, I don't like Izzie. No, I, she's, she's not the one I'm attracted to." The boy blurted out.

"Not the one, so there's a one?" Meredith asked, Helena waking in front of them, without hearing the conversation, as the boy looked towards her with a blush.

"O'Malley, Grey, get Karev and head down to trauma. Campos, seems like Shepherd likes working with you, he requested you for the day." The resident ordered as they approached, assigning them tasks. The girl smiled brightly and thanked her attending.

——

As they approached their attending for the day, they come across a shocking sight. Their patient was somehow conscious, even with several nails in his skull.

"I can't see my hands! I can't see..." The patient informed, panic in his voice.

"You know what? I don't want him to move." The attending ordered.

"It's okay, we need you to stay very still, mr...?" Meredith asked.

"Cruz,  Jorge Cruz. He tripped and fell down a flight of stairs holding a nail gun." A nurse told her.

"Ok, Mr. Cruz, we've got you now, we just can't have you moving, alright?" Helena asked him.

"Somehow he managed to miss a blood vessel. That's a minor miracle. Optic nerve's been affected. Numbness on his right side." Derek examined. "What's our immediate concern?"

"Infection." Grey and Campos said in unison.

"I'm gonna be pulling these nails out in half an hour. We need a CT."

"CTs are down. They exchanged them last night. Computer's crashed, they'll have them back up by one." The same nurse told him.

"Typical." He whispered to himself. "So what are the options?"

"MRI." George suggested.

"Brilliant. The man's got nails in his head, let's put him in a giant magnet." Alex said sarcastically.

"We should do films from three axis points and a c-arm once in surgery." Lena said.