Seven.

I nervously paced outside of Angel's room as I waited to hear back from the medical team

I nervously paced outside of Angel's room as I waited to hear back from the medical team. Once I had informed them of Angel's status, they immediately entered the room and tended to him. Because of his expected confusion, Dr. Barnes dismissed me just until they were able to calm him down.

Sadly, everything happened so fast. I was only in his room alone for five minutes when he decided to awake from his coma. Josh nor Charlotte has yet to return, and Shawn Carter was nowhere to be found.

As I paced back and forth, I found myself praying and hoping that Angel would be okay but I also couldn't stop replaying his first spoken words in my head. He looked everything like me, but his personality was all of his father's. Jay was always a hothead, and never afraid to speak whatever came to his mind first. Angel definitely had taken that trait from Jay, since I was much calmer than him.

Being so stuck in my thoughts, I didn't even realize the presence before me. Looking up from the tile patterns beneath me, I noticed Jay staring at me in a bit of a confusion.

"What?" I questioned, staring right back at him with the same expression. I stepped back a little seeing that he was too close for my liking.

He took note of the stained tears down my cheek and looked at the numbers planted on Angel's room door, "What's going on? He good?"

"He woke up from his coma, and the doctors are inside trying to calm him down." I managed to say all in one breath. The look on his face showed just how shocked he was to hear the news. His lips formed into a smile but before he could give a response, Charlotte was running towards us with tears in her eyes.

"I got back as fast as I could!" She said, seeming almost out of breath. After exiting Angel's room to give the medical team their privacy, I shot Charlotte a quick text to update her on what was going on. She did arrive back to the hospital rather quickly, but that's expected when you've been waiting on this exact moment to happen.

The door of Angel's room slowly opened and we was then met with the team of doctors and nurses emerging out of the room while sanitizing their hands. They all seemed cheerful which uplifted my mood a ton. Hearing them shuffle around inside while trying to calm Angel down didn't give me the best feeling.

"What's going on? Is my son okay?" Charlotte asked in a frantic.

Dr. Barnes gave her a soft smile and nodded, "Angel is alert and fine, for now. Because he continued to pull at everything that was connected to him, we did have to restrain him and until I see that he has calmed down, he will have to keep the mitt restraints on."

"Will we be able to see him?" I asked.

"Of course. Once his nurse get his vitals, you all are welcomed to sit with him. Maybe it will keep him calm!"

Dr. Barnes then began to inform us on Angel's brain functioning status. Thankfully, the swelling had completely gone down and Angel could remember the small things like his name and birthday.