Twenty Three.

"I don't remember your place looking like this!" I said as I entered Kelly's home

"I don't remember your place looking like this!" I said as I entered Kelly's home. The placement of the furniture and the new paintings on the wall were all different.

"Tim and I got bored with it and wanted to change things around a little. Besides, it's been awhile since you've even been by to visit me." She gave me a side-eye while I just chuckled and shooed her away.

"You know things been crazy with me these past few months. I do need to visit you and Gabrielle more often. Our group chats aren't enough sometimes."

I sat the few bags from Costco down onto the kitchen's counter. We had spent majority of our morning shopping for new clothes and decor for our homes. We made Costco our last stop since I had a membership and Kelly needed a bundle of food items.

"I've been meaning to ask," She expressed while putting the few groceries away, "How has everything been with Angel?"

I took a seat at the barstool of her kitchen island and opened the plate of leftover food we had gotten for lunch.

"It's been great! He just started his last semester of college so he's really excited about that. We both been busy so we haven't talked much, but I've been making sure he's taken care of."

"I'm so happy to hear that," She squealed, "He's so freaking tall and handsome! How does it feel?"

A smile spread across my face, "It really does feel amazing Kelly. You know about all I've been through. I never thought I'll ever see him again.. The shit feels so surreal."

"You literally prayed for this moment!" She said before joining me at the island, "Like, it makes me so emotional thinking about all you've been through B. You didn't deserve it."

"Don't make me cry..."

She pat away her own tears, "I'm sorry. I'm just crying tears of joy right now. You're a mom! And you have that glow about you! How has Josh been dealing with all of this?"

I sighed thinking about these past few days with Josh. After that big argument we had, we put our feelings aside and enjoyed a movie with Madison. Everyday since then has been awkward between us.

"That doesn't seem to be a good sigh." She mumbled.

I immediately shook my head, "It's not. We've had a lot of conflict these past few days. We barely said two words to each other. We haven't had any form of touch, or anything like that."

Kelly frowned, "Damn, that's unlike y'all. What kinda conflicts?"

"The usual; Of course he's still hounding me about having kids. I found out through his mom that he's not happy about that, and with Angel now around I guess it makes it even harder for him. He doesn't express his true feelings to me and I don't understand why. We're still planning the wedding, but we both had thoughts that maybe we should wait.. I don't know what's gotten to us."