Eleven.

Angel

"You have everything? Missing something?" I asked as I retrieved Beyoncé's bags out of the trunk of my car

"Thank you," She mumbled, putting the duffle over her shoulder, "I believe I have everything — Oh wait! I am missing something!"

I stared at her, waiting patiently for her to verbalize what she had forgotten and was taken back once she pulled me in for a hug.

"I just wanted a hug, that's all." She said, making me laugh. It felt like second nature for me to wrap my arms around her torso and hug her even tighter than the previous few times, seeing that this may be our last encounter for awhile.

It took a major leap in my life for me to reach out to Beyoncé. She came to Baton Rouge in an instance, letting me know what type of woman and mother she was. Having her here was better than I ever expected. It would definitely take some getting used to, but I enjoyed her company.

To thank her for all she had done for me this weekend, I offered to take her to the airport. It wasn't much, but the idea put a huge smile on her face. We also enjoyed an early morning breakfast and talked a little longer just for the heck of it.

It felt weird actually being in her presence. When I learned I was adopted, I refrained from thinking about it. I didn't want to believe that my biological mother didn't want me, and to now know none of that was true put my mind at ease.

I still had a few questions, especially regarding her parents and why they acted that way towards her. It also made me wonder if my mom, Charlotte had a hand in this as well. I try not to think like that after everything she has done for me, but something wasn't right about that situation.

"What are your plans for today?" She asked, breaking me away from my intense thoughts.

"Nothing major," I said with a shrug, "May hoop with the guys later. I had plans of making a few beats, but my laptop sucks so I'll wait on that."

"Sucks how?"

"Well, it's not a Macbook or anything. Most of the production softwares isn't compatible with what I have. I was using this girl of mine Mac at one point, but she hates me now, so."

Beyoncé nodded, "Don't worry. You'll have your own soon. Just keep working, stay grounded, and good things will come your way."

It fell silent between us again, but it wasn't awkward. I was too busy with my thoughts to pay attention to anything else, but I quickly snapped back into reality when I saw her lips moving.

"I'm going to go inside now. My flight will be leaving soon."

It felt weird saying this, but I definitely wasn't ready for her to leave. Our short time together was everything I didn't think it would be. We had hella good talks; She understood me so well and I know I'll miss that.