Fifteen.

Angel

I stared blankly out of the window watching as the sun rise. Even when I found myself tired throughout the day, I still couldn't sleep at night.

I know it's mainly my fault. The constant nights of partying until morning was finally catching up to me. I thought it would be a good idea to have a night out with my friends, not even realizing that I had an 8:15am flight to catch to Miami.

Physically, I was drained but my mind was wide awake. I had mixed emotions about visiting this Jay guy. I never really had a father, and now I suddenly do and it feels weird. I know this trip is meant for us to bond more, but I was having second thoughts.

Thankfully, Beyoncé will be there with me. I smiled at the thought of her and how long it's been since the last time we saw one another in person. She's the only reason I still felt somewhat comfortable going to Miami. If she would've given me no as her final answer, I wouldn't have gone either.

I was liking the progress of our relationship. It's easier for me to open up to her now and I could tell she had grown comfortable with me. She always applauded Charlotte for the way she raised me.

I could hear it in her voice sometimes how she wish she was given the chance to raise her own child, but she never spoke ill towards Charlotte. It was obvious that she had a good heart, which only made me realize how much I did love her.

I'm hoping for the same outcome with Jay. I know we won't be the best of friends so soon, but I'm hoping his intentions are genuine and we can work towards building that. Right now, I'll just go with the flow and enjoy the treatment of spending my parents money and not having to worry about a thing.

I could hear my alarm going off and quickly ended it before the sound could get any louder. As asked, I got out of bed and walked down the hall to Chace's room. I banged on the door loud enough for him and the neighbors to hear. I didn't stop until the door opened and he was glaring at me.

"Bitch, don't look at me like that. You told me to wake you up."

"You didn't have to knock like the police, bitch." He responded with a mean mug still plastered across his face.

I shooed him off and began to walk away, "Yeah, whatever. My mom picking us up in 'bout 30 minutes to take us to the airport. Be ready, nigga."

It didn't take me long to shower and get dressed. My bags were already packed so I still had time to waste. I fixed a quick breakfast while I waited on Chace and my mom. After a few minutes, Chace was finally ready and my mom was calling to say she's outside.

 After a few minutes, Chace was finally ready and my mom was calling to say she's outside

"It's cold as a bitch out here." I mumbled once we finally stepped outside with our bags.

"It's been raining, what you expect?" Chace smartly responded.

I looked his way before throwing my luggage inside of the trunk, "I promise I didn't ask for your commentary bro. Besides, it's hot in Miami so I'm dressed perfectly for their weather."