Fourteen.

Summer (June) 2021
*I'm not sure if I stated a specific time this story takes place*

__________

After months of pushing it off, Josh and I finally took the time to have our first meeting with our wedding planner, Sammy. She was in her late 20's and fairly new when it came to event planning. Her boastful personality and her recent work initially drew us to her.

I contacted her the day after Angel left nearly a month ago. Josh's words replayed in my head constantly. This man truly believed I had no desires of marrying him, and it gave me an entire new perspective. I realized that I have been pushing this wedding off and not because I had second thoughts. Angel has been my focus, but it was up to me to be able to balance between the two. The last thing Josh wants is for me to be in a position to choose.

We were an hour and 30 minutes into our meeting with Sammy. The first thing we discussed was a set date and our budget. We had already discussed our wedding date being in late December — after Christmas and before the new year. Josh didn't have a set budget, but I personally didn't want to go over $50,000. Even that seemed to be too much. The idea of spending that much for one day bothered me.

We decided on the color scheme Sage Green and Brown Wood — the colors were special to us because it reminded us of our time in the military and it was also how we met.

Our only indifference was the guest list. I wanted a small wedding, meaning less than 50 guests. Josh wanted at least 100 guests or more. I wasn't close with my family and didn't have too many close friends so I desired a private wedding. Josh, on the other hand, had come from a pretty big family and they were all close. They would be upset with me forever if they found out I didn't want them all to attend my wedding. I know how much family means to Josh, so I didn't speak when he told Sammy he wanted at least 100 guests.

We discussed our idea of a venue. Josh wanted to be traditional and marry in a church. I grew up in the church, so I understood but I was leaning more towards a ballroom. I eventually won the small banter and we decided that our next meeting we'll search the city for the perfect ballroom venue.

"You hungry?" Josh asked once our meeting concluded. He held my hand as we exited Sammy's office space.

"A little. Are you?"

He nodded, "Hell yeah. I would ask what do you have a taste for but I don't have time to be waiting for an answer."

I laughed and nudged his arm. He opened the car door for me and helped me inside before he hopped in as well. I didn't have to say what I had a taste for because Josh had read my mind. I smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek when we pulled into the Mastro's Steakhouse parking lot.

"You see how much smoother it is when I don't ask? I'm just gonna start pulling up at places I want and hope you want the same thing."

I laughed at him, "Fuck you Josh. Since you talking shit, I'm going to order the most expensive thing on the menu."

"And I'ma use your card. Now look, you paying for two expensive ass meals."

We could really joke all day just like children. I knew if I said anything else we would be going back and forth forever. I followed behind him as we walked into the restaurant. Once we were seated, we quickly glanced over the menu. We always ate the same meal each time we came here so it didn't take long to order. While we waited, we enjoyed the stale bread and a bottle of white wine.

"You sexy as hell, you know that?" He said, instantly making me blush. It never fails.

I used my hand to shield my face, "Stop staring at me so hard babe. You're making my cheeks red."